Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

This is ALWAYS the wuiet period of the music year.. and that's WITHOUT lockdowns and limited promo other than tv she has already been on! Reading these huge essays about how its all "over" when all it is .. Is a bit of quiet time for a few months.. Is just hilarious to me. There has been MASSIVE promo..u.s.a promo and everything.. That goes worldwide!

I agree with them going for infinite disco footage as the video promo for real groove. It is really cool looking.. It's got really good viewing numbers of nearly 2 million.. why do they need to make a MV?!.. Better spent on 2 more music videos in 2021.. for a 5 single total in my opinion. The infinite footage is ace. Its a great promo clip for real groove!

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    As I discovered Kylie at her very prime getting the chance to see how strong her passion was with every project, how she loved to work on what she did, to deliver a very polished project, how amazing it was to see how the project developed, evolved, it's reach... I am still struggling to try to deal and accept with how things are right now and the type of artist Kylie is nowadays, she always was so hard working, she loved to create, to explore, she created fascinating things with William out of boredom, and ever since 2014 it's just living under this law of the minimal effort, it's more like "oh it's there... what else do you want?".It's Golden all over again, you got this fascinating and mesmerizing album, that will just not be taken to the next level, it won't be pushed forward, nor it will explode it's full potential.

So where is the video? I rise the question, was it really hard to plan ahead and do a video for the song while recording Infinite Disco? saying straight away "i am not doing anything right now" it's quite underwhelming and extremely disappointing, yeah well, you have this AMAZING record that was released just 2 months and a half ago, and that by the way EVERYONE loves, so you know... you could be doing something about it... maybe it's a wild and crazy thought, but you could be promoting this new single, maybe... just maybe, you could do a video for it, maybe you could get your label to just um... do their job? I mean I know it sounds deranged, but how about not letting die this amazing record everyone wants to hear about?

I mean, my mind is just one big puzzle right now about all of this, becase right now, people are not even required to actually be there, she could just record stuff wherever she is in the world, but once again she doesn't want to. There was a goal, which was to make the album go number one, BMG achieved their goal, they gave each other high fives and called it a day, Kylie achived a legendary record, she feels loved by everyone and called it a day, she doesn't want to do anything else.

Knowing what Kylie does, what she is capable of, it's just sad to see things like this, but oh well, as always:

It is what it is.
    I get what you mean. The more I listen to DISCO, the more I love it. It captures the zeitgeist, and it's the perfect place for Kylie. I don't recall enjoying an album that much. I keep on thinking about all the fantastic things that could be done to make this era one of the greatest. I get the frustration, the thought that is such a missed opportunity. But it's worth noting that BMG didn't plan to release an album before 2022 (I bet this was the plan before COVID anyway), but Kylie was eager to go back to work. Lockdown happened, and she managed to complete it, even though she could have stayed at home and doing nothing (totally understandable). Who is to blame? She is clearly ambitious; otherwise, DISCO wouldn't have happened last year. A new brand creative team would surely help, and the collaboration with Kate Moross produced one of her finest works lately (Infinite Disco).

A (real good) video for Real Groove would be amazing, although I don't know how much it would help the song in the charts (if the remix with the Popstar of the moment didn't do much).

Anyway, whatever happens, my biggest hope is for the DISCO Tour.
    Last edited by PerformerofStyle; 24-01-2021 at 05:19 AM.

It's just too late for a music video for RG at this point, it would be useless so let's just accept this single has gone for good and move on to the next thing.

I now how most of you feel and I'm not gonna lie, I also think it was a little dissapointing from her to say she's not doing anythig at the moment when she has a brand new album out, I also think they could have made this era way better and bigger than it was, finaly all eyes were on Kylie once again, everyone loved the album, everyone was taking about it but anyway.

I just hope to hear more of her soon, I hope they got a plan for the next couple of months even if it's not as stronger as the debut week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    I am still struggling to try to deal and accept with how things are right now and the type of artist Kylie is nowadays, she always was so hard working, she loved to create, to explore, she created fascinating things with William out of boredom, and ever since 2014 it's just living under this law of the minimal effort, it's more like "oh it's there... what else do you want?"
    You are clearly a devoted fan but you really do come accross as entitled. Who the hell do you think you are?

Kylie has co-written every song on two number one albums, has had three no.1 albums in as many years, learned to record and engineer her own vocals, has critcal allaim, the public are warmed to her in a way they were not a few years ago, she's in her 50s and she looks amazing. So I'll throw the question back to you: "what else do you want?".

Even a basic video takes time and money. This ridiculous notion that bolting the name Dua Lipa (or Dull Lips as I call her) to any Kylie release would propel Kylie to the top of the singles charts has cost a lot of fans objectivity. Kylie is NOT a singles artist anymore. I wish she was, but she isn't. So given that the means that the song will reach an audience not actively seeking it out is on RADIO 2, it makes no business sense to spend money on a video, especially when there is a performance that to the average listener is no different to the single version.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    You are clearly a devoted fan but you really do come accross as entitled. Who the hell do you think you are?

Kylie has co-written every song on two number one albums, has had three no.1 albums in as many years, learned to record and engineer her own vocals, has critcal allaim, the public are warmed to her in a way they were not a few years ago, she's in her 50s and she looks amazing. So I'll throw the question back to you: "what else do you want?".

Even a basic video takes time and money. This ridiculous notion that bolting the name Dua Lipa (or Dull Lips as I call her) to any Kylie release would propel Kylie to the top of the singles charts has cost a lot of fans objectivity. Kylie is NOT a singles artist anymore. I wish she was, but she isn't. So given that the means that the song will reach an audience not actively seeking it out is on RADIO 2, it makes no business sense to spend money on a video, especially when there is a performance that to the average listener is no different to the single version.
    Perfect post.
    And hats off to her for pulling this off during the pandemic.

I know she is not a single artist anymore, but it's her legacy...
    If she's happy releasing Steps-level videos I'm ok...but her effort in videos in the last years has been questionable..

Apart from Golden, SS, and IWGC, all released videos in the last 10 years have been pretty great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 9481 View Post
    Apart from Golden, SS, and IWGC, all released videos in the last 10 years have been pretty great imo.
    Golden was a great video!

First and foremost an album is a financial investment with the end result being to maximise return on the investment. Kylie the brand is a business. Why would she invest in another music video when she knows it will not make any impact in terms of album sales? That is fact. Look at Golden! ....video 3 and 4 did not help. Shes learned those lessons. Unfortunately we are no longer in the 80s/90s/00s when record companies could afford to throw decent money at videos.