Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by davidoff5 View Post
    First and foremost an album is a financial investment with the end result being to maximise return on the investment. Kylie the brand is a business. Why would she invest in another music video when she knows it will not make any impact in terms of album sales? That is fact. Look at Golden! ....video 3 and 4 did not help. Shes learned those lessons. Unfortunately we are no longer in the 80s/90s/00s when record companies could afford to throw decent money at videos.
    But at the same time, nowadays you can create a great video even with a tight budget. Just don't call Sophie Muller.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pmicra1 View Post
    It’s called marketing. She had a prime slot for a general audience this morning on the radio and basically ignored her current single.
    So, did I imagine the part where Dermot asks her about the collaboration with Dua Lipa on Real Groove and she mentions completely re-recording it for the new version and then they played ‘Real Groove’ once the conversation was finished? I’m pretty sure that listeners have the ability to look for a song they like on Spotify or iTunes (or the likes) when they hear it on the radio. It’s not as if they think, oh, I’m going to go down the high street to buy the CD single, cos they are well aware that that’s not possible anymore. Even if she mentioned 1000 times that she had a new single out, it wouldn’t make a difference to the level of her getting into the Top 40, let alone higher. At best, you can hope that a few more people will know she has a new album out (which Dermot did mention!) and maybe go stream or buy it! And at the moment, sales are so low, that it is really neither here nor there!

Quote Originally Posted by sunderlandladnew View Post
    We don’t need to be spoon fed everything though. The video was promoted and announced, what more is needed. You search kylie real groove and it’s there, simple, she promoted its release on her social media, what else can she do and it’s nearly on 2 million which is more than “golden” which was a 3rd single.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love a new music video but it’s too late, it’s radio run will be over soon. This isn’t aimed at you at all but everyone keep asking for a video is just pointless and repetitive as it’s just not going to happen, repeating it isn’t going to change that.
    Exactly…I couldn’t agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    So where is the video? I rise the question, was it really hard to plan ahead and do a video for the song while recording Infinite Disco? saying straight away "i am not doing anything right now" it's quite underwhelming and extremely disappointing, yeah well, you have this AMAZING record that was released just 2 months and a half ago, and that by the way EVERYONE loves, so you know... you could be doing something about it... maybe it's a wild and crazy thought, but you could be promoting this new single, maybe... just maybe, you could do a video for it, maybe you could get your label to just um... do their job? I mean I know it sounds deranged, but how about not letting die this amazing record everyone wants to hear about?

I mean, my mind is just one big puzzle right now about all of this, becase right now, people are not even required to actually be there, she could just record stuff wherever she is in the world, but once again she doesn't want to. There was a goal, which was to make the album go number one, BMG achieved their goal, they gave each other high fives and called it a day, Kylie achived a legendary record, she feels loved by everyone and called it a day, she doesn't want to do anything else.
    Knowing what Kylie does, what she is capable of, it's just sad to see things like this, but oh well, as always:
    It is what it is.
    You are very clearly a passionate fan and I find that amazing, but you are going to be constantly disappointed and stressed if this is how you approach everything Kylie does. The music industry has changed massively, gone are the huge bundles of cash that can be thrown at a project (as Tropical Wave and davidoff5 mentioned), so you can’t expect a video for every single release. There is also the pandemic to contend with, so, having already received 2 videos, a streaming event and a fantastic album while this is all going on…we should be grateful that we got that much.

Quote Originally Posted by PerformerofStyle View Post
    A (real good) video for Real Groove would be amazing, although I don't know how much it would help the song in the charts (if the remix with the Popstar of the moment didn't do much).
    Exactly…it wouldn’t do much bar a few extra streams/sales, and nothing to the level of being a good return on investment. It wouldn’t have an effect to the level that some people on here hope for, and then there would be further meltdowns!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    Even a basic video takes time and money. This ridiculous notion that bolting the name Dua Lipa (or Dull Lips as I call her) to any Kylie release would propel Kylie to the top of the singles charts has cost a lot of fans objectivity. Kylie is NOT a singles artist anymore. I wish she was, but she isn't. So given that the means that the song will reach an audience not actively seeking it out is on RADIO 2, it makes no business sense to spend money on a video, especially when there is a performance that to the average listener is no different to the single version.
    First and foremost an album is a financial investment with the end result being to maximise return on the investment. Kylie the brand is a business. Why would she invest in another music video when she knows it will not make any impact in terms of album sales? That is fact. Look at Golden! ....video 3 and 4 did not help. Shes learned those lessons. Unfortunately we are no longer in the 80s/90s/00s when record companies could afford to throw decent money at videos.
    You are both wasting your time…honestly. Those who can see this point of view, see this point of view. Those that don’t, will never do so, despite what you have written making perfect sense.

How many times are we going to go round and round with this. Real Groove is coming to an end of its Radio 2 cycle. There is not going to be another video.

We have a video, just because some of you donít like it or donít think itís official enough is irrelevant.

Iíll take this over Better than Today, Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love), I was gonna cancel, Crystalize, Golden and Lifetime to repair which were all promotional tools for the album/singles.

Katy Perry arranged a music video for every track on her album, also arranged during lockdown and while she was pregnant, some of the videos were cheap and animated but nice to have them than not. Like the post above says, I think its more Kylie choosing not to do things rather than the record label. It does appear to be a case of album number 1 job done. Thats why I think those wanting full promo and music videos of singles 4 and 5 are just kidding themselves.

And how did that work out for her ? 😂😂😂

Plus WE HAVE A VIDEO for it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Live066 View Post
    Golden was a great video!
    Totally agree! Gorgeous natural Kylie and stunning views on the beach with gorgeous dresses.

Cause the videos were half assed budget videos. Don't bother if it's just Kylie looking pretty with no replay value... now that's a true waste of money
    But From here on forward (should have started a decade ago tho) everything should be done with 'legacy' in mind. A video is what people will be looking at a decade from now. It's how people remember a song and especially artist. it won't do much for sales, but a striking video will do everything for her legacy and therefor touring career, radio support, streaming support, invites to shows and performances on big shows/award shows.

You're not just promoting your album, you're promoting the tour as well (if there was one)

If the record company doesn't want to invest, she could easily do it herself and build on that so at some point she doesn't have to spend a dime on a big budget video anymore as they will be sponsored or financed by her social media posts.

But big budget now is a completely different story than the 80's or 90's... Everything is soo much cheaper now and with some creativity you can basically create big budget videos with no budget at all if you want to.. The possibilites have mutltiplied by XXXXXX% since then

Having said that. Real groove doesn't need a video imo. It has a good enough video as is
    A great Lyric video tho, even animated, could be nice

Why is it that music videos were affordable for all kinds of artists in the 90s but not now? Itís so weird. It suggests the music industry is in some kind of decline.

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Cause the videos were half assed budget videos. Don't bother if it's just Kylie looking pretty with no replay value... now that's a true waste of money
    But From here on forward (should have started a decade ago tho) everything should be done with 'legacy' in mind. A video is what people will be looking at a decade from now. It's how people remember a song and especially artist. it won't do much for sales, but a striking video will do everything for her legacy and therefor touring career, radio support, streaming support, invites to shows and performances on big shows/award shows.

You're not just promoting your album, you're promoting the tour as well (if there was one)

If the record company doesn't want to invest, she could easily do it herself and build on that so at some point she doesn't have to spend a dime on a big budget video anymore as they will be sponsored or financed by her social media posts.

But big budget now is a completely different story than the 80's or 90's... Everything is soo much cheaper now and with some creativity you can basically create big budget videos with no budget at all if you want to.. The possibilites have mutltiplied by XXXXXX% since then

Having said that. Real groove doesn't need a video imo. It has a good enough video as is
    A great Lyric video tho, even animated, could be nice
    Yes you are right I think. As there is no tour to promote for the moment, she is probably saving some money. Maybe she will re-invest if there is a-reissue going with a tour announcement for 2022 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ello! View Post
    Why is it that music videos were affordable for all kinds of artists in the 90s but not now? Itís so weird. It suggests the music industry is in some kind of decline.
    Of course itís in decline, massive decline.

Back in the 90s albums sold in their millions with multiple weeks over 100,000+

We are now lucky to get an album over 300k in a while year.