Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by tatababa View Post
    CIM, WITF, DIA, B, CS - donít think any of them was expensive really, yet effective nonetheless. All of which are better than most of Kylieís vids since ATL until Magic came our way.
    The problem is.. You can't expect her to make a video like a 35 year old again! There are limits to what Kylie can do with a video to protect her brand and not be seen as being desperate to be young! That's just how it is. She is doing her best! She if works well so far.. Unlike you know who starting with an M so just looked a bit desperate getting older

Quote Originally Posted by estivencito View Post
    The problem is.. You can't expect her to make a video like a 35 year old again! There are limits to what Kylie can do with a video to protect her brand and not be seen as being desperate to be young! That's just how it is. She is doing her best! She if works well so far.. Unlike you know who starting with an M so just looked a bit desperate getting older
    My point was she can make a great vid with a limited budget.

Iím sure she can make great vids today too with a limited budget if only sheíd ignite her creativity, rather than just play pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by tatababa View Post
    My point was she can make a great vid with a limited budget.

Iím sure she can make great vids today too with a limited budget if only sheíd ignite her creativity, rather than just play pretty.
    Exactly, do a video with sass, attitude, mystery, allure, something dramatic with a dark twist or moody vibes. Miss a Thing could work with these words as concepts!

Quote Originally Posted by estivencito View Post
    This revenue argument doesn't help in the real world!. Its a totally saturated market now where the biggest selling album of the whole year did only 460k in the UK.. and the rest.. Are ALL under 300k!. And albums are what make the most money. These kinds of sales where only 10 artists can sell over 200,000 albums in a year.. Means there most certainly isn't a big budget for anyone except the usual top5 artists in the world

Touring, social media and endorsements is where the money is, not album/single sales
    Investing in visuals is the most important thing imo

Visuals for instance can get you huge deals with beauty companies. you get to sell a fantasy, just like CGYOOMH did. It sold a fantasy... That video alone opened All doors for Kylie

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherInRhythm View Post
    Well, that's actually completely untrue.

Attachment 14118

Music revenue has been growing constantly and without interruption since 2014 and has now gone back up to the level it was at in 2003/2004. It's still a bit lower than in the pre-Internet days of the late 90s but it's getting there. The main difference, however, is that back in the 90s/early 00s most of the revenue was comign from a very narrow selection of huge artists who could then have massive budgets for videos. These days it comes from millions of releases as everything is available and no one is limited by what the local store has in stock.
    And the biggest part of that shows streaming, where the industry makes the least amount of money is key.

To say the music industry is not declining is delusional. They are making less money than ever before, sales clearly show that in the album and singles chart.

Am i the only one who isnít fussed about a video

Quote Originally Posted by ello! View Post
    But the fact is that at the end of Kylieís PWL era and throughout Decon, she was hardly that profitable but they could STILL afford music videos. And they seemed to be much higher quality than anything Kylie has done with BMG except Stop Me From Falling.

Itís just weird to me that with our capitalist society where apparently everyone is getting richer and richer, record companies canít do what they used to be able to do...
    Because they arenít getting richer and richer. Back in the Decon days labels were still selling millions so they had money to throw at artists like Kylie, now they donít.

Quote Originally Posted by Live066 View Post
    Am i the only one who isnít fussed about a video
    Iím not either. As long as the era has more singles and music videos planned.

Maybe itís a matter of lack of creativity. Tbh Iíd be stuck on adding a visual to Real Groove but can easily imagine a music video to Supernova & DFD.

I'm fine without a video for RG if it means single 4 will have a high budget video and it's promoted properly.

Miss A Thing is the song with the most streams out of all the Disco tracks (excepting singles if course), also on YouTube is very close to hit a million views so, that's the song to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Romova 2.0 View Post
    I'm fine without a video for RG if it means single 4 will have a high budget video and it's promoted properly.

Miss A Thing is the song with the most streams out of all the Disco tracks (excepting singles if course), also on YouTube is very close to hit a million views so, that's the song to go!
    Miss A Thing benefits by being the second track in the album. A lot of people will skip Magic because itís a single and already known so they start with Miss A Thing. Same thing happening with Million Miles/ KMO.

However, MAT as a single, getting a music video, maybe can share a music video with RG and be like medley. Like what Gaga did with her G.U.Y. single/video.