Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyssecondclass View Post
    Yeah I agree

She's too humble to be anything like the big divas though. She needs people on board her team to push her. With Will and Terry gone, I think the new people on board are a little out of their depth.
    Totally agree. Her USA performance outfits and hair have been on point and scream superstar. Then you look at the UK performance we get that hideous dress on Jonathan Ross and the blandish mumsy dress on gratham Norton which just doesnít flow with the album and video looks.

There doesnít seem any strategy and thread to the styling which is flowing from album/ single covers, to performances and interview looks.

Itís like two different album campaigns - the USA is getting superstar popstar looking fashion and youthful. Then the UK strategy is almost on par to what I can only compare to Lulu dresses and looks like bad evening wedding guest outfit. Someone needs to take control of the whole visual aspect. Everyone is blaming the team but ultimately Kylie has a mirror and could push back like other pop stars would do. I would agree the team does seem out of depth versus her old team but maybe Kylie doesnít seem to see this as priority anymore which would be a shame.

At the end of the day I suppose fashion is subjective and this is how Kylie want to portray herself to this market...
    Last edited by Andy; 26-01-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Has the Dua version been picked up by any stations at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ello! View Post
    Has the Dua version been picked up by any stations at all?
    Wave 105 played it 44 times
    Cool FM played it 21 times

the first one has 679k likes on FB and the second one 769k likes so someone must listen to them. both belongs to Bauer Group so probably this is part of her deal with them

I'm really curious to see how this deal with Bauer unfurls.

Quote Originally Posted by xixu View Post
    Wave 105 played it 44 times
    Cool FM played it 21 times

the first one has 679k likes on FB and the second one 769k likes so someone must listen to them. both belongs to Bauer Group so probably this is part of her deal with them
    Interesting to know.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    Agreed! For me the music is there, but the quality of the visuals donít match up with it. Itís been mentioned on here before that if youíre going to call your album Disco, then youíve an endless opportunity to go all out there with the complementary imagery - and she hasnít. A this-will-do approach crept in about 2012 with the horrendous look created for the cover of TARS.
    I agree that for the most part the visuals have been disco-lite. I wonder if itís a deliberate attempt not to be overtly obvious with the disco imagery which would then invite a whole lot of ďtackyĒand ďstereotypicalĒ critiques.

I think a lot of us want to see her break out the Afro and the bright pink sequin jumpsuit and thrash it out, but I wonder if the state of the world is also holding her back from being too gregarious and bold - thatís maybe she feels itís not an appropriate time to be that extra. Just a theory but it could be part of it

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherInRhythm View Post
    Sorry to be blunt but this topic just shows most people here are unbelievably thick and unable to have any sort of discussion. Itís like stepping into a Trump cult club.
    You should check your own posts out! You are obsessed with trying to make out the industry is great and selling so much.. Even though as i pointed out.. The FACTS are that in the last few years, hardly ANYONE is getting a platinum album now! It makes NO DIFFERENCE if revenue is higher! Its saturated. Hardly anyone managing even 300,000 album sales in the UK which is the world's 3rd biggest music market.. That tells you ONCE and for all.. there isn't much profit being made on the biggest artists.. Save a few usual mega sellers. How many times do you need told these facts?!!! Kylie was the 12th biggest selling album released in 2020 in the UK. Just over 100k. That's barely enough to fund what they have done for the project and still make some profit

For Christ's sake will you all stop bloody arguing over things that are totally irrelvant to this thread.

RG is a single designed to generate further interest in Disco, but realistically it was never going to set the charts alight. (This notion that adding in Dua would propel her to the top of the singles chart was always for the birds.) There was already a video available which would have sufficed for the casual listener. There was no real demand for a video and no real need for one. It really is as simple as that.

So now we have to wade through pages of how lazy Kylie is, how many videos Katy Perry has made whilst up the duff, the merits of J Lo's career and the stregth of the whole music industry.

Ridiculous.

Real groove is #56 on deezer in Japan yestetday
    Dua's remix is in top 100 shazamed songs in Japan week or two and growing
    In uk shazam RG is bubbling in 80-100-th position Last 2 weeks
    On radio airplay uk it is #22-24 Rolling 7day

I see a lot of dance and workout youtube channels have made videos for real groove.