Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Real groove is #56 on deezer in Japan yestetday
    Dua's remix is in top 100 shazamed songs in Japan week or two and growing
    In uk shazam RG is bubbling in 80-100-th position Last 2 weeks
    On radio airplay uk it is #22-24 Rolling 7day

I see a lot of dance and workout youtube channels have made videos for real groove.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    RG is a single designed to generate further interest in Disco, but realistically it was never going to set the charts alight.
    Nothing is going to set the charts if you don't promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    There was no real demand for a video and no real need for one.
    And what is that "real demand" that existed for other videos?

I really should write a paper on psychology. It looks like fans and stans act the same in politics and entertainment. They change their opinion every week or two but they always try to showcase that they are very loyal and love everything their idol does, while even a bit of criticism or different opinion is a sign of a betrayal. It's not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpenserN View Post
    Nothing is going to set the charts if you don't promote it.

And what is that "real demand" that existed for other videos?

I really should write a paper on psychology. It looks like fans and stans act the same in politics and entertainment. They change their opinion every week or two but they always try to showcase that they are very loyal and love everything their idol does, while even a bit of criticism or different opinion is a sign of a betrayal. It's not healthy.
    Maybe you should write the paper on talking bollocks. It seems to be your area of expertise.

Real Groove was not intended to set the charts alight. Kylie is not a singles artist anymore. She could have promoted it to death it would not have been a top 40 hit. Personally I'd love for her to have long strings of top 10 hits like she had in the 80s or the 00s but the landscape has changed. The single IS the promotion. It got some spins on Radio 2 which generated a little more interest in the album. I'm sure casual listeners will be totally fine with the video that is already available.

There probably wasn't a clamour for Kylie to release videos for SS or Magic. However they were singles BEFORE the album so they had a different role.

As for your amateur psychology - well wider reading is required there I think. I do not change my opinion every week and I have NEVER in 23 years of posting on this forum have suggested I love everything Kylie does - FAR from it. However I think Kylie this time round has done fantasically. THREE number one albums in as many years, writing credit on all of Golden and Disco, she even recorded her own vocals on the latter. The notion that Kylie has been in any way lazy on the DISCO project is utter nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I see a lot of dance and workout youtube channels have made videos for real groove.
    I have to check this out

I always thought that this DiscoSpirit idea was going to be an idea for the video

Would have suited

Regular

RG dropped from radio 2 playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Devil cowboy II View Post
    RG dropped from radio 2 playlist
    Welp...

Previously: ChristopherP BrotherInRhythm's Avatar

Itís clearly time to move on to single #4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherInRhythm View Post
    Itís clearly time to move on to single #4 now.
    I think itís gonna be quite until March. Maybe Kylie will film the next singleís music video in Australia and promote it from there. I donít see her returning to the UK until summer.