Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

News, please. Soon, please. Fanks.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by othersides View Post
    This era is very discreet in France...
    But Magic got quite a bit of airplay in France so I wouldn’t say as discreet as Golden was.

Quote Originally Posted by acer View Post
    Was Boombox sent to Russian radio? Has it ever been officially released? Or it was the version from the remixed album?
    Boombox La Riot remix of course. I don't think it was the full release, but it got several thousands plays, much less than The One and other singles, but still more than Real Groove and Say Something (according to tophit, SS wasn't even released in Russia). If Putin really listens to Kylie he should've pushed her to #1, and make it obligatory to buy disco.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SpenserN View Post
    Boombox La Riot remix of course. I don't think it was the full release, but it got several thousands plays, much less than The One and other singles, but still more than Real Groove and Say Something (according to tophit, SS wasn't even released in Russia). If Putin really listens to Kylie he should've pushed her to #1, and make it obligatory to buy disco.
    Oh wow so she’s very well known and even popular in Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    Oh wow so she’s very well known and even popular in Russia?
    Well, she is considered to be one of the biggest stars, but she isn't present here since 2012.
    Her last (positive) promo was when she performed on X Factor Ukraine in 2011. Then she was involved in a little scandal after performing at the oligarch's wedding in 2014 and this year after it was reported her songs are being (allegedly) played in the (allegedly) Putin's palace
    P.S.: I forgot that in your eyes was in a TV ad for juice a couple of years ago But her new music isn't well-known

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SpenserN View Post
    Well, she is considered to be one of the biggest stars, but she isn't present here since 2012.
    Her last (positive) promo was when she performed on X Factor Ukraine in 2011. Then she was involved in a little scandal after performing at the oligarch's wedding in 2014 and this year after it was reported her songs are being (allegedly) played in the (allegedly) Putin's palace
    P.S.: I forgot that in your eyes was in a TV ad for juice a couple of years ago But her new music isn't well-known
    Oh wow! She seems very known in Russia.

The Americans here must find it hard to comprehend that she’s actually very well known in lots of places outside the Uk rather than just an underground dance artist in the gay scene.

Regular

Didn’t Mr.President lead single rumour and cancellation deal with the possible connection to Russian President Mr.Putin in 2014? Winter Olympic Games and so on?

Oh wow! She seems very known in Russia.

The Americans here must find it hard to comprehend that she’s actually very well known in lots of places outside the Uk rather than just an underground dance artist in the gay scene.
    I live here in the US and if Kylie was just an underground dance artist in the gay scene, the people I work with and am friends with wouldn’t know who she is. Anyone who followed pop culture in the early 00s or has followed it since knows who she is.

But Magic got quite a bit of airplay in France so I wouldn’t say as discreet as Golden was.
    she is not Dua Lipa or Lady Gaga, but this era is less discreet than previous ones in France. She got airplay and music channels views

Quote Originally Posted by othersides View Post
    This era is very discreet in France...
    Not true. It's getting a lot more attention than Golden, Kylie Christmas, The Abbey Road Sessions/K25 and possibly even Kiss Me Once.

- Magic has been a true airplay hit. Peaked at #30 on the airplay chart and stayed in the chart for 4 months which hasn't happened to a Kylie song since the Aphrodite era (I'm not even sure All The Lovers stayed in the airplay chart this long)
    - The video has also been played on TV channels, something that hasn't happened to a Kylie song in years (last time someone told me they had seen a Kylie video on TV, it was Into The Blue)
    - There was a lot of news report and media coverage at the time of the album's release and in the following weeks
    - Several radios have held competitions to win DISCO albums or tickets to Infinite Disco (and there's a new one currently with France Bleu to win DISCO (LP+CD+signed photo) + a turntable)
    - Infinite Disco also got quite a bit of media coverage (through the competitions to win tickets but also news reports or reviews)
    - All the journalists, radio hosts or other professionals that have talked about DISCO so far have praised its quality, something totally unusual for a Kylie album in France
    - Kylie herself has done 2 interviews (for Quotidien and RTL) + she's recorded short messages to introduce "Magic" for some radio stations
    - I heard radio ads to promote DISCO on my local regional station (Hit West) shortly after the album's release, something I had never heard before for a Kylie album since being a fan (2005)

So just because Kylie herself is not appearing every 5 minutes on French TV or radio doesn't mean the era is "discreet" in France. In fact, the French public has definitely not been this aware of a new Kylie era in 10 years. BMG and Magic have done a fantastic job for her here. Real Groove's airplay is picking up quite fast on small and local stations, so now we can only hope and wait for big regional/national stations to playlist it as well and it might replicate Magic's success. To have 2 airplay hits in France this era would be just incredible! (and most certainly guarantee sell-out tour dates here once Kylie can tour the album!)