Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by kevin2005 View Post
    Not true. It's getting a lot more attention than Golden, Kylie Christmas, The Abbey Road Sessions/K25 and possibly even Kiss Me Once.

- Magic has been a true airplay hit. Peaked at #30 on the airplay chart and stayed in the chart for 4 months which hasn't happened to a Kylie song since the Aphrodite era (I'm not even sure All The Lovers stayed in the airplay chart this long)
    - The video has also been played on TV channels, something that hasn't happened to a Kylie song in years (last time someone told me they had seen a Kylie video on TV, it was Into The Blue)
    - There was a lot of news report and media coverage at the time of the album's release and in the following weeks
    - Several radios have held competitions to win DISCO albums or tickets to Infinite Disco (and there's a new one currently with France Bleu to win DISCO (LP+CD+signed photo) + a turntable)
    - Infinite Disco also got quite a bit of media coverage (through the competitions to win tickets but also news reports or reviews)
    - All the journalists, radio hosts or other professionals that have talked about DISCO so far have praised its quality, something totally unusual for a Kylie album in France
    - Kylie herself has done 2 interviews (for Quotidien and RTL) + she's recorded short messages to introduce "Magic" for some radio stations
    - I heard radio ads to promote DISCO on my local regional station (Hit West) shortly after the album's release, something I had never heard before for a Kylie album since being a fan (2005)

So just because Kylie herself is not appearing every 5 minutes on French TV or radio doesn't mean the era is "discreet" in France. In fact, the French public has definitely not been this aware of a new Kylie era in 10 years. BMG and Magic have done a fantastic job for her here. Real Groove's airplay is picking up quite fast on small and local stations, so now we can only hope and wait for big regional/national stations to playlist it as well and it might replicate Magic's success. To have 2 airplay hits in France this era would be just incredible! (and most certainly guarantee sell-out tour dates here once Kylie can tour the album!)
    agree with all that ! Hope she can play Bercy again !

Quote Originally Posted by the body k View Post
    agree with all that ! Hope she can play Bercy again !
    Thanks! Selling out Bercy again would be a dream! I will probably have moved to Paris by the time Kylie can tour with DISCO so I will easily and gladly help her to sell out the concert haha

And to give one more proof that this era is far from being very discreet in France : Real Groove was added to France Bleu's playlist last Friday. France Bleu is the 5th biggest national radio station with 3.4 million listeners daily, and was also the biggest station to support Magic. They kept on playing Magic right until last Thursday and switched to Real Groove on Friday. I've checked and they're playing it 2-3 times a day, which is about as much as you can get from them (they're a bit like BBC Radio 2 playlist-wise, songs rarely get more than 3-4 plays a day). Magic got roughly the same treatment and was their 3rd most played song at some point. Thanks to that Real Groove will definitely enter Charles Pons' unofficial airplay Top100 on Friday, but it's still probably too early to expect an entry on the official airplay Top60. It's another very positive sign though!
    APHRODITE: LES FOLIES TOUR 2011 - PARIS BERCY - MARCH 15th
    KISS ME ONCE TOUR - MONTPELLIER PARK & SUITS ARENA - OCTOBER 15th
    KISS ME ONCE TOUR - PARIS BERCY - NOVEMBER 15th

Amazing news!
    Now more stations will probably be inclined to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin2005 View Post
    Thanks! Selling out Bercy again would be a dream! I will probably have moved to Paris by the time Kylie can tour with DISCO so I will easily and gladly help her to sell out the concert haha

And to give one more proof that this era is far from being very discreet in France : Real Groove was added to France Bleu's playlist last Friday. France Bleu is the 5th biggest national radio station with 3.4 million listeners daily, and was also the biggest station to support Magic. They kept on playing Magic right until last Thursday and switched to Real Groove on Friday. I've checked and they're playing it 2-3 times a day, which is about as much as you can get from them (they're a bit like BBC Radio 2 playlist-wise, songs rarely get more than 3-4 plays a day). Magic got roughly the same treatment and was their 3rd most played song at some point. Thanks to that Real Groove will definitely enter Charles Pons' unofficial airplay Top100 on Friday, but it's still probably too early to expect an entry on the official airplay Top60. It's another very positive sign though!
    how do you know all that ! you are magic ! It is hard to have some kylie news in France, love to have yours

Regular

I had to call Virgin Media twice today, which was truly painful. But made better by hearing Real Groove twice as track 1 on their hold music!

Quote Originally Posted by the body k View Post
    how do you know all that ! you are magic ! It is hard to have some kylie news in France, love to have yours
    Haha thank you so much!! 😁 I'm really glad you appreciate!

To be honest, I've always been interested in record sales and radio airplay stats so ever since Magic started to generate interest from the French radios I've been tracking Kylie's airplay in France every day because it gets me really excited and it distracts me from all that covid shit a little bit. There are a few very useful websites that I visit several times a day to get that information and I visit individual radios websites quite often too (mainly Virgin and France Bleu) to see if Magic or Real Groove appear in the list of songs they've played during the day. ("C'était Quoi Ce Titre ?" section)

It takes some time but it's not like I have much else to do when I'm not working... You know, with all the lockdowns/curfews and stuff... So I will gladly keep on sharing any interesting news I find on the airplay front in France with you guys! 🙂

Regular

You've done great job, Kevin. Thanks for all the effort.

thanks Kevin

There is a game on the french radio France Bleu (quite big national radio) to win Disco, and they talked about it several times this morning. Good to hear Kylie's name on french media. This has not happened since 2014 when kiss me once had not flopped yet https://www.francebleu.fr/culture/mu...sco-1613565174

And she also gets an article in the gay ‘Tetu’ magazine.