Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post
    I can totally hear Kylie doing something similar to Robyn on ĎImpactí tbh
    Just heard it. Ideally this is the type of collab Iíd like to see from Kylie. I love how Robyn has her own appropriate parts and the male has his. The male voice is so sexy, I think this is what they were going for with Giorgio Moroder and Your Body.

I may need to listen to it a few more times to catch on but Iím not that into Robynís parts. Maybe itís Robyn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Guys, this is the Real Groove thread. Please take the Miley convo to off topic.
    Not sure why you need to focus on talking about Miley as veering off topic when the page is filled with discussions that users are having about other things.. like chemicals and experience - I donít even know what that is let alone itís connection to RG.. or Robyn etc... come on, be fair
    Last edited by jq371; 03-04-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    Not sure why you need to focus on talking about Miley as veering off topic when the page is filled with discussions that users are having about other things.. like chemicals and experience - I donít even know what that is let alone itís connection to RG.. or Robyn etc... come on, be fair
    Well this is the 100% Kylie section of the forum and the Miley conversation is boring and out of place.

Yea I went a little off topic too, but Iím still referring to Kylie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Well this is the 100% Kylie section of the forum and the Miley conversation is boring and out of place.

Yea I went a little off topic too, but Iím still referring to Kylie.
    Lol.. if you say so
    Last edited by jq371; 03-04-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Say Hey Member

I had the 7" coloured vinyl on pre-order until my Dad passed away only a matter of 8 weeks ago then I cancelled it. If anyone has a spare copy to sell at face value + postage or nearest price please pm me. Thanks Wayne xxx

No news on french airplay?

I feel quite disappointed that this song has not been given a proper promotional push. How is any song supposed to do well without a proper video, no exciting performances bar one late night TV performance and no innovative marketing. This song, in my opinion, had the potential to bring some cool factor back to Kylieís brand and with the Dua link up it should have had a big marketing/PR push. Itís potential has been under developed in my view. Iím not being negative for the sake of it and Iím not trying to have a go at Kylie. I just feel personally disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Pmicra1 View Post
    I feel quite disappointed that this song has not been given a proper promotional push. How is any song supposed to do well without a proper video, no exciting performances bar one late night TV performance and no innovative marketing. This song, in my opinion, had the potential to bring some cool factor back to Kylieís brand and with the Dua link up it should have had a big marketing/PR push. Itís potential has been under developed in my view. Iím not being negative for the sake of it and Iím not trying to have a go at Kylie. I just feel personally disappointed
    Thereís no denying that Disco was left to flounder in early-ish December - so four months ago! RG is a great track and the remixes are ace. Seems Kylie/BMG thought it would carry the album; that and the Dua link. But no...

Different things were tried in terms of social media promo, but without Kylie at the heart of it, itís all gotten just a bit drab.

I know Kylie and MW said differently, but things change and maybe Disco is done. Very much hope not - but I remember feeling at the very start this was a ďprojectĒ album.

Quote Originally Posted by KM1997 View Post
    No news on french airplay?
    Still #70 this week.
    No big stations playing it, just small regional radios spinning.

Regular

One consideration I haven't seen anyone mention is that it's quite possible there were contractual limitations involved in Dua Lipa's participation. It's common for any partnership/endorsement/etc. agreement to outline in great detail the obligations of each party, literally down to the number of social media posts, etc. In this case, it's possible Dua Lipa and her team may have been willing to feature Kylie on Studio 2054 and allow the release of the remixes, but not want Dua to do any big promo that would distract from her own releases. Team Kylie may have believed it was well worth that limitation to have Dua on the track at all and to benefit from that exposure, but were limited in what they could do beyond the release.

I have no idea if that's the case here, but it wouldn't surprise me. We can certainly quibble about whether that was a wise agreement to make if so, but it's one potential explanation regarding the lack of bigger collaboration promo. Of course, it doesn't explain anything about why the Kylie solo version wasn't promoted more, though - they probably hoped just having Dua's name on the remix would help bring attention to the song overall during a down period in the Disco campaign.
    The Visitors are your friends.