Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    There’s no denying that Disco was left to flounder in early-ish December - so four months ago! RG is a great track and the remixes are ace. Seems Kylie/BMG thought it would carry the album; that and the Dua link. But no...

Different things were tried in terms of social media promo, but without Kylie at the heart of it, it’s all gotten just a bit drab.

I know Kylie and MW said differently, but things change and maybe Disco is done. Very much hope not - but I remember feeling at the very start this was a “project” album.
    Maybe BMG are too happy with their success? They are bragging about it all over the media, saying that Kylie's numbers have grown. So if they've achieved their goal, what's the point of doing something else?

Omg, Kylie took a season off to be with her family. She hasn’t seen them in a year. The complaining is so annoying. Her life is not this album! Freaking chill! 🤦🏼*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Omg, Kylie took a season off to be with her family. She hasn’t seen them in a year. The complaining is so annoying. Her life is not this album! Freaking chill! ����*♂️
    Being privileged isn't an excuse not to work and not showing any interest in your current projects. It's actually even more annoying how she sells 2340-43906730 vinyls that only differ in colour, gets her #1 and now is chilling while other people (fans) have to work to afford to get her another #1.

I'm definitely gagging for more from DISCO and keep thinking about when things will start up again/what she will do, but many chill pills need to be taken around here. The negativity/lack of logic is suffocating

Her going home definitely was not part of the original campaign, so that definitely caused some re-assessment to allow her to have much deserved time off. Then MG passed away, and it's clear now that definitely caused some further pushing back of plans. Plus the updates she and BMG have given about the album just came at "unfortunate" times in terms of it ended up not being the best time to deliver the news. When she said there would be more singles/the album cycle would continue, I don't think she'd made plans to return to Aus yet. When the MW article came out, MG had just passed - But the article was probably meant to run that week anyway, so it still did. It all should have been kept quiet but obviously they can't see the future. If MG had not passed, we'd definitely be back in the cycle by now. Let's not forget she was meant to be doing promo at the end of March. Plus she also said in that one radio interview that she WAS working

But I honestly don't believe she's abandoned this album at all. I think the proof of this is pretty obvious in the fact that she's been constantly posting stuff related to the album - Photos, videos, behind the scenes, etc. If it was done and she truly wasn't working on it any longer, she would have gone quiet - She's been making it obvious that it's not over without saying "it's not over"

We all just need to have a little more patience and appreciate what she's done already
    Last edited by loveisontheline; 08-04-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpenserN View Post
    Being privileged isn't an excuse not to work and not showing any interest in your current projects. It's actually even more annoying how she sells 2340-43906730 vinyls that only differ in colour, gets her #1 and now is chilling while other people (fans) have to work to afford to get her another #1.
    That sounds very entitled. Planning and executing a promo campaign shouldn’t be her responsibility, she’s got a record label for that. She’s worked hard enough in the past two years, touring two albums while also writing and recording a whole new one.

Just because you don’t see her on TV and you’re not being directly entertained, it doesn’t mean she’s not working. Having said that, I do hope she’s not working at the moment as she deserves some time off with her family, she’s only human after all.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Omg, Kylie took a season off to be with her family. She hasn’t seen them in a year. The complaining is so annoying. Her life is not this album! Freaking chill! 🤦🏼*♂️
    Quote Originally Posted by sunderlandladnew View Post
    Completely agree, some people need to get a life and stop revolving it around Disco.
    You guys echo my thoughts.

Regular

She owes you nothing lmao. It was your choice to “work to afford to get her another #1”, nobody forced you, if you’re bitter about that then that’s just your own problem.

Not you figuring out in 2021 what marketing is.

Regular

Wow. So you know everything that is going on behind the scenes? The conversations between Kylie and BMG, the plans for the future?

I was just expressing my thoughts. If she doesn't owe me anything, why do we discuss the album and get excited about that lady who doesn't care about her own product and takes a 4-months vacation one month after its release? I am a fan and that's why i want to be entertained 24/7. It's unreasonable. But why can't a customer wish something unreasonable?

and before opinion police shows up again, I'm still enjoying disco and remixes that we already got. But it doesn't change the fact that european promo basically finished in the beginning of december.