Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Previously: ChristopherP BrotherInRhythm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rfkavanagh View Post
    While it's great news and I'd love RG to be a chart hit, we might all need to manage our expectations a little! It's #20 in the first look chart, not the actual midweeks, and it's quite possible all the vinyl sales are lumped into that ranking and it'll drop like a stone throughout the week. I hope not and I'd be happy if that's not the case, but the track record so far doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    Yes, Say Something was #16 and Magic #19 in the Sunday first look chart but streams were much healthier then as the album has just been released. I’d expect a quicker decline now, possibly around the 80-90 mark in the final chart.

They should have released a new mix at the weekend to give a slight boost

Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
    Him or her I shall follow
    As the water follows the moon
    Silently...with fluid steps

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    They should have released a new mix at the weekend to give a slight boost
    Bizzare. I assumed that was the plan all along, so was surprised nothing materialised on Friday. Sigh.
    Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
    Him or her I shall follow
    As the water follows the moon
    Silently...with fluid steps

Quote Originally Posted by Cacalaca View Post
    Bizzare. I assumed that was the plan all along, so was surprised nothing materialised on Friday. Sigh.
    IKR. Real Groove is one of my favourite singles in a long time. And it’s got an amazing remix package too. It’s four month plus staggered release is weird and pretty disappointing. Looking forward to receiving my 7” and I’ve downloaded the IT remix, but I’m not going to be extra-streaming a song this week I’ve already been playing for months!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rfkavanagh View Post
    While it's great news and I'd love RG to be a chart hit, we might all need to manage our expectations a little! It's #20 in the first look chart, not the actual midweeks, and it's quite possible all the vinyl sales are lumped into that ranking and it'll drop like a stone throughout the week. I hope not and I'd be happy if that's not the case, but the track record so far doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    Managing expectations? Here on SayHey? Hahahahahahahahahaaaa

Naturally the song is going to drop as the week goes on, as sales are front loaded. This will naturally fuel the ‘Grrrr, BMG messed up, can’t believe they would do this, I know better, yadda yadda….’ posts.

Does the song deserve more? Perhaps…although it was never going to fare any different, even if it had a video.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    IKR. Real Groove is one of my favourite singles in a long time. And it’s got an amazing remix package too. It’s four month plus staggered release is weird and pretty disappointing. Looking forward to receiving my 7” and I’ve downloaded the IT remix, but I’m not going to be extra-streaming a song this week I’ve already been playing for months!
    It's nice to see the track getting a boost with the release of the 7" vinyl (none of which are dispatched yet though!) but 5 months after the start of its release is a really long time.

Regular

Saved my downloads for this week and just got the Studio 54 version, Initial Talk remix and the downloaded the tracks individually from the EP. Have also been streaming - hopefully it will manage at least a new peak this week.