Page 278 of 280 FirstFirst ... 178228268269270271272273274275276277278279280 LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 2800

Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by 9481 View Post
    Seems like the biggest regional radio in France has playlisted Real Groove. They played it once a week for a while, mostly late at night, and now they have played it once three days in a row, and at different time of the day.
    AT LAST!!! The biggest French radio stations are always so slow at picking up songs when they are not coming from the "cool" artists of the moment and Real Groove definitely proves it once again.

I had given up on the hope that Real Groove would turn into (at least) a small radio hit and enter the official airplay Top60, but now with this news there's a chance it might still be possible. Let's see whether other big stations follow Alouette in the next few weeks but for now I'm just hoping the big regional station in my area (Hit West - 9th biggest regional station nation-wide) will give it a chance too. They started to play Magic a few weeks after Alouette did so I'm hoping the same thing is gonna happen now.

It would be awesome to hear Real Groove on the radio, because hearing Magic a lot on the radio played a big part in me liking the song so much (after finding it a bit bland and disappointing at first). I love Real Groove already but if it connects with the French audience in the same way Magic did it will take it to a whole new level for me. Fingers crossed!!

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record but I'm really just really amazed by the way Kylie has made her way back into the French public's eyes with this era. There's definitely good will towards DISCO and Kylie and it feels great!

She should have recorded Fenchel Versions of Magic anf Real groove

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    She should have recorded Fenchel Versions of Magic anf Real groove
    Tbh releasing foreign artists releasing French versions of songs doesn't really help them in French speaking territories.
    I remember Shakira releasing a bilingual French/Spanish cover of a famous French song and people were complaining that her accent was not perfect in French. It didn't make the single stay longer in the charts

Quote Originally Posted by NPA View Post
    Tbh releasing foreign artists releasing French versions of songs doesn't really help them in French speaking territories.
    I remember Shakira releasing a bilingual French/Spanish cover of a famous French song and people were complaining that her accent was not perfect in French. It didn't make the single stay longer in the charts
    Both the song and video were played to death - and they still are.

Regular

If you compare it to other singles from the same era, it isn't that much more successful. Rabiosa and Addicted to you performed way better.
    Also it doesn't take away the fact that people were complaining about her accent.

If that strategy really paid off, more artists would do it but they don't. The most recent example I can think of is the Dua Lipa duet with Angèle, but that barely counts because it's a duet, not a re-recording of the same song in a different language.

Regular

What song was it?

Quote Originally Posted by HiHeyHello View Post
    What song was it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92tkZQB-Uj4

Regular

thanks

Why was this never uploaded to Kylie’s official channel, only Initial Talk’s? 🤷*♂️ 🤔

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_oL3kJD2zOk

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas! But that’s not the On The Go video. The ‘89 Live in Japan film clip ought to be on her channel as well.