Thread: How has COVID-19 affected DISCO? Positively or negatively?

Question How has COVID-19 affected DISCO? Positively or negatively?

This may have been discussed occasionally but I don't recall it having its own thread.

I don't think it's a straight answer. The album's premise revolving around escapism, love, dancing, etc was heavily influenced by lockdown. COVID inspired K and her team to write such album. So in some way, if it wasn't for lockdown we might have not gotten this quality music. Also the psychological state of fans and the public due to COVID-19 was in need for such music; I don't think we'd have felt the same connection if it wasn't for it. Now when it comes to sales, has COVID and lockdown affected DISCO negatively? I don't know. We did lose casual sales in supermarkets etc, we did face some delays in terms of shipping, and that's K's strong area (physical sales), but with all the positives I just mentioned I'm not sure if the overall result would be a loss or gain in sales?

Regular

I think blessing in some ways since she’s able to full worldwide global promo from her own home.

Plus her making her own music means she can create and release the best tracks rather than travelling in to other producers and have them give her second rated material.

Plus Infinite Disco show would never have been extravergant in person if done in a concert venue, though yes she could still make it wonders.