Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: What's the story with Kiss Me Once?

IWGC would surely have done better with a better Video. The song, the Mixes, the artwork, the physical releases and the Promo appearances were all great IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    ITB is the classic.
    If you don't like it that's on you.
    Then itís on me too. ITB just leaves me cold. All the ingredients are there, but it doesnít have that extra something... Perhaps that yearning melancholy she does so well? Like ATL and IBIY. Or a dose of drama eg. Devil or Confide? Even camp ŗ la SBIT or YDNY? The avant-garde of Slow and Head too? ITB is just nice. Itís a nice pop song. And I liked the video too. Iíd say it was single quality, but not lead single.

Quote Originally Posted by othersides View Post
    IWGC would surely have done better with a better Video. The song, the Mixes, the artwork, the physical releases and the Promo appearances were all great IMO.
    Awwwwwww! I love the video. Itís cute. Kooky. Less nutty than GBI, but getting there! I saw a dress rehearsal video the other day (Voice Italy, maybe?) and it was the song acapella with her BVs and dancers. Lovely!

I - like you - can find something to like in I reckon everything she does. Even if I donít ďloveĒ it.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    Awwwwwww! I love the video. Itís cute. Kooky. Less nutty than GBI, but getting there! I saw a dress rehearsal video the other day (Voice Italy, maybe?) and it was the song acapella with her BVs and dancers. Lovely!

I - like you - can find something to like in I reckon everything she does. Even if I donít ďloveĒ it.
    I don't think you could release a video like GBI these days and get away with it.

Then itís on me too. ITB just leaves me cold. All the ingredients are there, but it doesnít have that extra something... Perhaps that yearning melancholy she does so well? Like ATL and IBIY. Or a dose of drama eg. Devil or Confide? Even camp ŗ la SBIT or YDNY? The avant-garde of Slow and Head too? ITB is just nice. Itís a nice pop song. And I liked the video too. Iíd say it was single quality, but not lead single.
    It's an empowerment song. And I just don't think the fans are used to Kylie doing that.

ITB is the classic.
    If you don't like it that's on you.
    I just don't agree. Its not lead single material in my view. To me there was a feeling of playing it safe which ironically was a risky move.

It's an empowerment song. And I just don't think the fans are used to Kylie doing that.
    Wow you managed to patronise kylie and her fanbase (except for yourself) one comment. Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    I just don't agree. Its not lead single material in my view. To me there was a feeling of playing it safe which ironically was a risky move.
    Agree. Would have been better as a final single.

ďAnd did I forget to mention that I found a new direction...Ē SA says hi! 👋

Maybe youíre onto something. Thematically, ITB is not very in-keeping.

ďAnd did I forget to mention that I found a new direction...Ē SA says hi! 👋

Maybe youíre onto something. Thematically, ITB is not very in-keeping.
    I just mean that thematically, it's not a dramatic, or sexy or experimental song. It doesn't fall into their genre's. Which is different for Kylie.
    It would fall more into the empowerment pop genre.
    I see what you mean about spinning around though, never really thought of the song like that till you pointed it out. I guess things can only get better says hi too! Ahaha