Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the story with Kiss Me Once?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I just mean that thematically, it's not a dramatic, or sexy or experimental song. It doesn't fall into their genre's. Which is different for Kylie.
    It would fall more into the empowerment pop genre.
    I see what you mean about spinning around though, never really thought of the song like that till you pointed it out. I guess things can only get better says hi too! Ahaha
    ...and Got To Be Certain, Woudln't Change A Thing, Word Is Out, What Kind Of Fool*, Confide In Me, Breathe, Red Blooded Woman, Get Outta My Way....

(* - yeah I know she goes off with the bloke at the end of the video)

ITB is such a turd. The buzzing vocals, the eyyoyoyoyo, the timing, the video, the title sounds like a mixed metaphor, and itís a laboured bore live. It sank the album and I can find absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Worst Kylie lead single ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Da_Da_Sushi_Rolls View Post
    The buzzing vocals, the eyyoyoyoyo, the timing
    You've put it better than I can. It sounds slightly "off" to me.

As for the video why not have Kylie on a yacht in the Caribbean diving into the crystal clear blue sea but when she hits the surface she's not underwater but in a new place altogether. That's how I imagined the video before I saw it. The real vid is to dingy in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    ...and Got To Be Certain, Woudln't Change A Thing, Word Is Out, What Kind Of Fool*, Confide In Me, Breathe, Red Blooded Woman, Get Outta My Way....

(* - yeah I know she goes off with the bloke at the end of the video)
    Don't ever reply to me again. Thanks.

Don't ever reply to me again. Thanks.
    I'll reply to any post I like. If you don't like what I say put me on ignore. I can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    Wow you managed to patronise kylie and her fanbase (except for yourself) one comment. Kudos
    There's nothing patronising in it though?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    Then itís on me too. ITB just leaves me cold. All the ingredients are there, but it doesnít have that extra something... Perhaps that yearning melancholy she does so well? Like ATL and IBIY. Or a dose of drama eg. Devil or Confide? Even camp ŗ la SBIT or YDNY? The avant-garde of Slow and Head too? ITB is just nice. Itís a nice pop song. And I liked the video too. Iíd say it was single quality, but not lead single.
    This is the way I feel too.

Quote Originally Posted by benci_ View Post
    There's nothing patronising in it though?
    Right? I was just trying to explain why I thought ITB was different. And then got accused of being patronizing. What an ass pull narrative.
    I hope that user stops being rude to every single person on every thread soon. It's getting tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Da_Da_Sushi_Rolls View Post
    ITB is such a turd. The buzzing vocals, the eyyoyoyoyo, the timing, the video, the title sounds like a mixed metaphor, and itís a laboured bore live. It sank the album and I can find absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Worst Kylie lead single ever.
    Cool. We can agree to disagree
    It was obviously the lead single for a reason. And more Kylie that IWGC. That's why I say that it was the "classic"
    But not ever song is going to resonate with everyone. And I can accept that.

I just mean that thematically, it's not a dramatic, or sexy or experimental song. It doesn't fall into their genre's. Which is different for Kylie.
    It would fall more into the empowerment pop genre.
    I see what you mean about spinning around though, never really thought of the song like that till you pointed it out. I guess things can only get better says hi too! Ahaha
    I see what you mean to an extent. Kylie definitely has empowering songs, main one that comes to mind is GOMW. But ITB is not as clever as GOMW. ITB is in the Roar/Firework category.