Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deconstruction Records

Ocean Boy

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.M.B View Post
    So, was the planned third album the rumored acoustic one, or mixes?
    There was nothing else planned after IP. Things broken down quite quickly so the day literally just shot out mixes. They didn’t even consult then usual suspects much for track listings much as they could have made it a bit more exciting. (As they did with KM94)

The next album was “not kylie Minogue ” in 1999 which ultimately became the light years b-sides. She commented at the time she was quite happy to go down the acoustic pop route.

But there were no plans for a proper third album from memory (which granted is hazy These days)

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Graham S View Post
    There was nothing else planned after IP. Things broken down quite quickly so the day literally just shot out mixes. They didn’t even consult then usual suspects much for track listings much as they could have made it a bit more exciting. (As they did with KM94)

The next album was “not kylie Minogue ” in 1999 which ultimately became the light years b-sides. She commented at the time she was quite happy to go down the acoustic pop route.

But there were no plans for a proper third album from memory (which granted is hazy These days)
    Were Never Spoken and Harmony also done for the ‘Not Kylie Minogue’ album rather than for Fever?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    Were Never Spoken and Harmony also done for the ‘Not Kylie Minogue’ album rather than for Fever?
    Yes, what was the planned "tracklist" if there ever was one?

Ocean Boy

Yes, what was the planned "tracklist" if there ever was one?
    It really didn't get far enough. They produced a bunch of tracks so that they had something good to present perspective record labels to show that she was prepared to go down that route if need be.

However Paperdolls remains my all time favourite Kylie song so I’m glad they did it!

I think quality wise you can tell after paper dolls and ocean blue that they became less and less.

There was an interview where said some where not good. But I dont know what songs they were referring to (and why they haven’t leaked I guess)

Regular

It really didn't get far enough. They produced a bunch of tracks so that they had something good to present perspective record labels to show that she was prepared to go down that route if need be.

However Paperdolls remains my all time favourite Kylie song so I’m glad they did it!

I think quality wise you can tell after paper dolls and ocean blue that they became less and less.

There was an interview where said some where not good. But I dont know what songs they were referring to (and why they haven’t leaked I guess)
    So Never Spoken and Harmony were not Fever leftovers? ;0
    Surprised as they sound like Fever demos

So Never Spoken and Harmony were not Fever leftovers? ;0
    Surprised as they sound like Fever demos
    I suppose not, Steve himself did mention those tracks as part of "Real World Moments". but that does not necessarily mean they were part of the same sessions:

"The thing is , when we get together to write we just do what we feel like. We never try to pitch at an album or sound so often we write something we love that happily sits on a b-side and that’s fine with us. If you take something like “Harmony” for instance - the sun was shining at Real World and we just wanted to do something really bright, warm and summery with a lovely lyric. We knew there was no way it was going to fit on an album but that’s not a good enough reason not to write it. Similarly with “Thats Why They Write Love Songs” and “Flower” - we just loved writing them and knew maybe one day they would find a place in the world - one has and one hasn’t - yet..."

https://dontstopthepop.blogspot.com/...-part-one.html

"This was part of the incredible creative place that is Peter Gabriel's Real World studio in Bath. We had mixed "Intimate and Live" there as it was a double album and we needed a residential studio - during that time we redecorated one of the rooms and turned it into a disco complete with mirrorball which was quite something for a respected world music studio! Peter's face was a real picture when he wandered in but I think he secretly loved it ! Anyway, I fell in love with the place and regularly used to book a few weeks down there in a small demo room to work on ideas. This was after Decon and just before Parlophone and in one of the weeks she called and asked if she could pop down and try some ideas out. This was the beginning of what we like to refer to as "Real World Moments" of which "Paper Dolls", "Harmony" and "Bittersweet Goodbye" also fit as well as "Butterfly", "So Now Goodbye", "Feels So Good" and was where much later on we did our research, preparation and recording for what became the "White Diamond" soundtrack but started as an album of classic songs by people such as Blossom Dearie, Julie London and Lena Horne (of which Lena's "Come On Strong" Kylie performed with Jools Hollands Orchestra on his Hootenanny show for the BBC in 2007). "Take Me With You' really encaptures the Real World spirit I think and I love the end section which was completely created by my engineer Alan Bremner and his host of delays when we returned to Real World to mix the album."

http://dontstopthepop.blogspot.com/2...-part-two.html

Regular

I suppose not, Steve himself did mention those tracks as part of "Real World Moments". but that does not necessarily mean they were part of the same sessions:

"The thing is , when we get together to write we just do what we feel like. We never try to pitch at an album or sound so often we write something we love that happily sits on a b-side and that’s fine with us. If you take something like “Harmony” for instance - the sun was shining at Real World and we just wanted to do something really bright, warm and summery with a lovely lyric. We knew there was no way it was going to fit on an album but that’s not a good enough reason not to write it. Similarly with “Thats Why They Write Love Songs” and “Flower” - we just loved writing them and knew maybe one day they would find a place in the world - one has and one hasn’t - yet..."

https://dontstopthepop.blogspot.com/...-part-one.html

"This was part of the incredible creative place that is Peter Gabriel's Real World studio in Bath. We had mixed "Intimate and Live" there as it was a double album and we needed a residential studio - during that time we redecorated one of the rooms and turned it into a disco complete with mirrorball which was quite something for a respected world music studio! Peter's face was a real picture when he wandered in but I think he secretly loved it ! Anyway, I fell in love with the place and regularly used to book a few weeks down there in a small demo room to work on ideas. This was after Decon and just before Parlophone and in one of the weeks she called and asked if she could pop down and try some ideas out. This was the beginning of what we like to refer to as "Real World Moments" of which "Paper Dolls", "Harmony" and "Bittersweet Goodbye" also fit as well as "Butterfly", "So Now Goodbye", "Feels So Good" and was where much later on we did our research, preparation and recording for what became the "White Diamond" soundtrack but started as an album of classic songs by people such as Blossom Dearie, Julie London and Lena Horne (of which Lena's "Come On Strong" Kylie performed with Jools Hollands Orchestra on his Hootenanny show for the BBC in 2007). "Take Me With You' really encaptures the Real World spirit I think and I love the end section which was completely created by my engineer Alan Bremner and his host of delays when we returned to Real World to mix the album."

http://dontstopthepop.blogspot.com/2...-part-two.html
    Omg and Kylie’s version of Feels So Good (that she gave to Atomic Kitten) wasn’t actually done specifically for them either but was a track she did during the “Real World Moments”/“Nof Kylie Minogue” sessions.” This must mean her feel so good was recorded before 2000.

Butterfly was presented too

So...

1. Paper dolls
    2. Bittersweet goodbye
    3. Butterfly
    4. My sunday morning Cadillac
    5. Harmony
    6. Never spoken
    7. Good life
    8. Ocean blue

I am sure there are many many more

Omg and Kylie’s version of Feels So Good (that she gave to Atomic Kitten) wasn’t actually done specifically for them either but was a track she did during the “Real World Moments”/“Nof Kylie Minogue” sessions.” This must mean her feel so good was recorded before 2000.
    Early 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Butterfly was presented too

So...

1. Paper dolls
    2. Bittersweet goodbye
    3. Butterfly
    4. My sunday morning Cadillac
    5. Harmony
    6. Never spoken
    7. Good life
    8. Ocean blue