Thread: Q re 'Kylie - Live In New York' Bonus Tracks

Regular

Default Q re 'Kylie - Live In New York' Bonus Tracks

I have a question regarding the bonus tracks associated with the 'Kylie - Live In New York' release, i.e. the Steve Anderson Studio Versions of 'Light Years', 'Come Into My World' and 'Speakerphone'. Were these ever available anywhere other than iTunes?

I was always under the impression that they were iTunes exclusives, but I've seen some lossless versions floating around online, which shouldn't be possible.

Thanks in advance

I check this regularly and, to my knowledge, it has never been commercially available anywhere else than iTunes until now. Things could have change though, but I haven't found another store that sells it. So it shouldn't be available in a lossless format.
    By the way, I'm still looking for a non UK-restricted store that would sell to me a lossless digital version of Golden Boy!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lepetitian View Post
    I check this regularly and, to my knowledge, it has never been commercially available anywhere else than iTunes until now. Things could have change though, but I haven't found another store that sells it. So it shouldn't be available in a lossless format.
    By the way, I'm still looking for a non UK-restricted store that would sell to me a lossless digital version of Golden Boy!
    Thanks for the reply!

Yep, that is my recollection too...they wouldn't have been labelled as 'iTunes Bonus Tracks' if they weren't actually exclusive to iTunes, which isn't anywhere near lossless quality.

I guess the FLAC files were created by burning the audio files to CD and then re-ripping them as FLAC.

Quote Originally Posted by cf80 View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

Yep, that is my recollection too...they wouldn't have been labelled as 'iTunes Bonus Tracks' if they weren't actually exclusive to iTunes, which isn't anywhere near lossless quality.

I guess the FLAC files were created by burning the audio files to CD and then re-ripping them as FLAC.
    I've been waiting for years for iTunes to sell lossless tracks but, despite some rumours, they never did it! However, as the years go by, copyrights change and some "iTunes exclusives" end on regular stores. After all, PWL songs are now available everywhere!