Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Groove - Green Vinyl

Took me while to order a copy but finally manged to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by PD2K View Post
    At least they limited them to 2 per transaction this time to try and give people a chance
    They should limit it to 1 copy each when limited items. I wish I'd ordered 2, so could have at least helped another fan out. I just panicked when I saw it on the store and quickly added it to basket lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cf80 View Post
    I’d be happy if they would even do a box set at the end of the album campaign, like some other artists have done (e.g., Erasure, Steps).

Surely if they can do 7” vinyls, they can do CD Singles...even if they are just in cardboard sleeves housed in a box
    Amen to that! Give us more physical Single releases back again!

If we're talking about limited formats then maybe she should get on the minidisc trend too. And also the music boxes that okay full albums along with the live recordings.

couldn’t checkout again! 😔 it’s so hard to snag copies from that site

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    A few people in this thread have no idea of how vinyl manufacturing works... as an example, Taylor Swift’s album released in December as a surprise release, has a vinyl pre-order for late May. Record Plants have months of backlogs. Disco was submitted to the pressing plants in late July so that they could be produced in time for early November. They can’t add any to this batch. It’s likely that the record plant said "we can do Smaller Amount by late April or Larger Amount by late May" and BMG went for the smaller amount, sooner.

The only way more copies will go up on the store is if BMG have deliberately held back stock to increase demand, or if a few people’s cards reject the payment during the week they ship and their orders are cancelled.

We’ll be able to tell however many were pressed by looking at sales numbers in the vinyl release week, for example if there are 681 UK sales it would be fair to presume the vinyl was limited to 1000 when you account for international orders that don’t chart in the UK. I reckon we won’t be looking at more than 2000 in total, but we won’t really know until we can estimate based on sales figures.
    What confuses me is te following, there is a HUGE demand for vinyls everywhere, it's a format that was resurrected for about 10 years and it will not die, demand keeps increasing and every artist is interested in releasing vinyls, as well as collectors in buying them, so WHY is it that there are only very few pressing plants?

I am sort of going to answer my own question lol, with this article that i found but goes back to 2014.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/363-w...essing-plants/

apparently:

“The start-up costs would be astronomical,” he says. “Getting a hold of presses is pretty much impossible; there’s no one making new presses so, if you want to start up a plant, getting a hold of presses would be very difficult. There’s nowhere to get them. And you need people with very precise technical skills, and finding those people who can run those presses is very difficult.

“So, really between big set-up costs, the lack of available presses, and then the lack of people with the proper expertise makes starting another plant very difficult.”

But still that was an issue happening in 2014, the demand will not slow down, it seems quite strange to me that there aren't more vinyl pressing plants opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    the demand will not slow down, it seems quite strange to me that there aren't more vinyl pressing plants opening.
    Maybe we should all open one and press our own Kylie exclusives ?

Lol the SayHey Vinyl Plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    What confuses me is te following, there is a HUGE demand for vinyls everywhere, it's a format that was resurrected for about 10 years and it will not die, demand keeps increasing and every artist is interested in releasing vinyls, as well as collectors in buying them, so WHY is it that there are only very few pressing plants?

I am sort of going to answer my own question lol, with this article that i found but goes back to 2014.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/363-w...essing-plants/

apparently:

“The start-up costs would be astronomical,” he says. “Getting a hold of presses is pretty much impossible; there’s no one making new presses so, if you want to start up a plant, getting a hold of presses would be very difficult. There’s nowhere to get them. And you need people with very precise technical skills, and finding those people who can run those presses is very difficult.

“So, really between big set-up costs, the lack of available presses, and then the lack of people with the proper expertise makes starting another plant very difficult.”

But still that was an issue happening in 2014, the demand will not slow down, it seems quite strange to me that there aren't more vinyl pressing plants opening.
    Well someone is gunna have to do something before those people with the expertise retire.... Or vinyls will die out regardless of demand 😋

Quote Originally Posted by polar boy View Post
    Oh for **** sake, This era is turning into an absolute fucking nightmare for a Kylie vinyl collector with the audacity not to live in the UK.

If anybody has a spare copy they would be willing to sell please contact me.
    When they sell out in a couple of hours in the middle of the night it’s basically impossible to get one unless you pay 10X the price for it. BGM should know the demand for these items is significant. It’s very disappointing to continually miss out.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by polar boy View Post
    Oh for **** sake, This era is turning into an absolute fucking nightmare for a Kylie vinyl collector with the audacity not to live in the UK.

If anybody has a spare copy they would be willing to sell please contact me.
    Me also if possible ! !