Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Groove - Green Vinyl

Regular

Already sold out?
    Released on 30 of April!
    Why donít they continue to take orders till March and made more more copies????

Previously: ChristopherP BrotherInRhythm's Avatar

In order for these to be available at the end of April, BMG must have already placed their order with the manufacturer some time ago, most likely before Christmas. 4-5 months is realistically how long it takes to have vinyl manufactured these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    Actually saw this listing. Didnít bother buying one as I donít collect anymore, especially other formats. I only collect Kylie CD and DVDís now after heavily downsizing my Kylie collection.

If there was a CD Single released (which is doubtful), would have bought it ASAP.
    I bought it but would prefer lovely maxi cd single formats.

My credit card was debited......Was anyone elses? i know someone said they dont until dispatch....

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherInRhythm View Post
    In order for these to be available at the end of April, BMG must have already placed their order with the manufacturer some time ago, most likely before Christmas. 4-5 months is realistically how long it takes to have vinyl manufactured these days.
    I'm sure you just press a button and a few thousand magically turn up at BMG 😉

Plus unreleased B sides like in the noughties

Quote Originally Posted by davidoff5 View Post
    My credit card was debited......Was anyone elses? i know someone said they dont until dispatch....
    Mine always shows as credited £0.00 until they dispatch it, it's just to make sure the card is valid when taking a pre-order.

Missed out - sold out in a couple of hours it seems. Iím so disappointed as a collector. Why donít they know by now that there is demand for these items and adequately cater for it. Itís really awful as a fan to have to continually go to the secondary market on eBay to try to secure a copy at a huge mark-up. The demand is not new and should be absolutely no surprise - why not produce more?

Itís kind off putting me off the era and whether I should continue to collect. I donít want to spend $150 on an item that was available for $25 a few hours ago. For the next release I might not even bother to be honest - this isnít much fun.

A few people in this thread have no idea of how vinyl manufacturing works... as an example, Taylor Swiftís album released in December as a surprise release, has a vinyl pre-order for late May. Record Plants have months of backlogs. Disco was submitted to the pressing plants in late July so that they could be produced in time for early November. They canít add any to this batch. Itís likely that the record plant said "we can do Smaller Amount by late April or Larger Amount by late May" and BMG went for the smaller amount, sooner.

The only way more copies will go up on the store is if BMG have deliberately held back stock to increase demand, or if a few peopleís cards reject the payment during the week they ship and their orders are cancelled.

Weíll be able to tell however many were pressed by looking at sales numbers in the vinyl release week, for example if there are 681 UK sales it would be fair to presume the vinyl was limited to 1000 when you account for international orders that donít chart in the UK. I reckon we wonít be looking at more than 2000 in total, but we wonít really know until we can estimate based on sales figures.

Regular

Could we start a campaign for a CD single release? I loved the days when as a Kylie fan you could go to the music shops and buy a 7Ē, 12Ē CD single, picture disc and cassette single of the same song, this is what we need to get Kylie back in the charts at higher positions. Iíd rather her record company would do this then release 22 different colours of the same vinyl, but I wonít lie I got every version of DISCO released and Iíll always support Kylie as I have done since day 1, if itís not released till April 30th then maybe there will be enough time to produce a 12Ē, CD single, picture disc and cassette single release 🙏