Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Katy Perry

Quote Originally Posted by ivanfever View Post
    no love for SwishSwish? hahhaa I recall smashing repeat non stop when it first came out.
    Loved it.

so the video has been out a few days...
    Not sure what to think of it. the song is ok i guess, but the video looks a little dated and her styling is absolutely terrible. like a 90's pop duo. A little awkward also to see her take it so serious.

For someone with 41M followers the viewing numbers are a little low... ( i mean, only Taylor Swift has more followers from all pop girls.. her numbers are easily 10 to 20M higher than pop royalty like Beyonce, Rihanna, and even Adele)

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Not sure what to think of it. the song is ok i guess, but the video looks a little dated and her styling is absolutely terrible. like a 90's pop duo. A little awkward also to see her take it so serious.

For someone with 41M followers the viewing numbers are a little low... ( i mean, only Taylor Swift has more followers from all pop girls.. her numbers are easily 10 to 20M higher than pop royalty like Beyonce, Rihanna, and even Adele)
    Gosh yeah, that video could have been made 20 years ago, itís bad. Styling is shocking - she doesnít suit that overtly sexy corsetry. Thereís no sign of the humour she often brings. And that face has been puuuuuumped.

She is just silly

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post

There's nothing Katy can do now to claw back her career! It is totally over now bar a few songs here and there now and an album if she is lucky. This song is not that great either.

The song is meh

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post
    Gosh yeah, that video could have been made 20 years ago, itís bad. Styling is shocking - she doesnít suit that overtly sexy corsetry. Thereís no sign of the humour she often brings. And that face has been puuuuuumped.
    It looks like a wannabe Britney video from the 2000s. Pretty weak. The song sounds like a hit though.
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; Yesterday at 03:50 AM.

Yeesh the song and video feel like they are from two decades ago in an unintentional way. Probably will do better than any of her singles from the last five years though. Such a shame Never Really Over didnít do better.

People seem to forget that this is Katy's first properly choreographed video. That it's trying to emulate the good 2010 - 2014 Dance pop that everyone wanted back. And it nails it perfectly. Sure the coreo can look a bit janky in places, but I feel likes it's supposed to be somewhat robotic to tie in with the theme of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    People seem to forget that this is Katy's first properly choreographed video. That it's trying to emulate the good 2010 - 2014 Dance pop that everyone wanted back. And it nails it perfectly. Sure the coreo can look a bit janky in places, but I feel likes it's supposed to be somewhat robotic to tie in with the theme of the video.
    It's not just the choreo. It's everything else... Styling, the way the video is shot. The direction, the editing. It's a big hot mess..