Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donít Ever Forget Me

Default Donít Ever Forget Me

Hi, before Disco was released there was rumours the song ĎDonít Ever Forget Meí was going to be on the album! I just wandered if anyone had a demo/recording or lyrics to this song as i would love to hear it. Thanks and stay safe

Well, song is registered under the title 'Don't ever forget me' with alternative title 'Don't forget me', so it is confirmed that exists and that is recorded in demo form. As you can see, it was written by Steve Anderson & Karen Poole.
    I am very much interested to hear it, and I hope it will be possible, at least live, or perhaps as a future B-side. I appreciate Steve's work, he's shown that he knows how to write proper old school disco track. Perhaps the track is a ballad, so it does not fit the conception of DISCO, who knows. Perhaps the insiders on the forum know more about it.

I've uploaded the info:

asd.jpg
    Last edited by L.A.M.B; 26-01-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.M.B View Post
    Well, song is registered under the title 'Don't ever forget me' with alternative title 'Don't forget me', so it is confirmed that exists and that is recorded in demo form. As you can see, it was written by Steve Anderson & Karen Poole.
    I am very much interested to hear it, and I hope it will be possible, at least live, or perhaps as a future B-side. I appreciate Steve's work, he's shown that he knows how to write proper old school disco track. Perhaps the track is a ballad, so it does not fit the conception of DISCO, who knows. Perhaps the insiders on the forum know more about it.

I've uploaded the info:

asd.jpg
    Well it should have been the Japanese bonus track instead of a remix. The F9 Remix should have been uploaded on iTunes instead.

I agree wholeheartedly, but we don't really know how's the song like, is it any good at all, so for the time being we will have to trust Kylie's judgement on that. I would love to hear it in the future.

So many tracks just forgotten. A Rose Is Still A Rose was meant to be used on Golden, then Step Back In Time, then DISCO... but nope.

I do understand that, however sometimes it is better for a good song (or a good idea of a song) to remain shelved until there's an opportunity for it to be fully developed and finished under proper circumstances - as was the case with Flower - when they hired an orchestra, which was true to Kylie's & Steve's vision of the song.

Say something makes even better testament to that - as I understood. the latter had a genesis from the rough demo called 'Love is love' to the fully realized artistic vision which become, arguably one of the best songs Kylie made in years.

Sometime samurai also began its life as a demo idea, which Kylie found to be a good one and recorded it the way she wanted in 2003, almost five years after it was written, when Fever era juices were doing their magic on Kylie creatively.

I think there's an argument for Soon and Stay this way to be finished - with an orchestra, as it was intended by Steve & Kylie, and one can hope with some other songs as well. Sometimes it just takes time.
    Last edited by L.A.M.B; 26-01-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGreen View Post
    So many tracks just forgotten. A Rose Is Still A Rose was meant to be used on Golden, then Step Back In Time, then DISCO... but nope.
    I donít t think Rose Is A Rose was recorded for Golden. I read it was one of the four tracks she did for Step Back In Time.

And it was also the cover of the Aretha Frankling song.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.M.B View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly, but we don't really know how's the song like, is it any good at all, so for the time being we will have to trust Kylie's judgement on that. I would love to hear it in the future.
    True. For all we know it could easily be crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    I don’t t think Rose Is A Rose was recorded for Golden. I read it was one of the four tracks she did for Step Back In Time.

Wow, I never knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    I donít t think Rose Is A Rose was recorded for Golden. I read it was one of the four tracks she did for Step Back In Time.

It wasn't a cover, it was a new song cowritten by Kylie.