Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 3 months in, did your DISCO ranking change?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    What means lush?
    Miss A Thing, More More More, Falling, Surrender are lush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Miss A Thing, More More More, Falling, Surrender are lush.
    Yes, Falling and Where Has The Love Gone... my favourite Kylie songs ever, and SO lush.

Finer Feelings - BIR 12" mix is LUSH!

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    depends...
    But, Sexual, luxury, sensual, smooth, mysterious, Rich (like more instrumentation, think Macarthur park)

But it also means, an alcoholic, drunk haha
    Thanks

But I think Disco was that. Is that.

MST is lush = sexual

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Thanks

But I think Disco was that. Is that.

MST is lush = sexual
    I agree, Miss a Thing is Lush.
    I also think that tracks like I love it and Magic (and magic is still my favorite) could have even been better with a more extravagant instrumentation. Preferably real strings and horns.
    It's like when they brought the horn section on the X tour. How it elevates a song like 2 Hearts

So if there ever comes a disco tour, i hope it's with a full ass orchestra. It would be something she'd never done before and would be so great for a disco tour.

Just listen to this... Just strings and voice of Macarthur park.
    The horn and piano sections are super lush as well (but this is just the strings)

Op Vocaroo bekijken >>

I really think Magic deserved real strings and real horns too!!!! or at least the producers could have processed the fake ones way better!!!!! even boys playing with their VSTs in FL Studio can make a better synthetic string sound hee hee!!

Anyway, Magic is a great great song. I love It (the song) too!!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSunshine View Post
    Till You Love Somebody has grown on me too! I love the lyrics!
    Agree TYLS has really grown on me too!

For me, the main issue that stops me from loving the album as a whole is the poor writing lyric-wise.
    I was expecting something better after Golden, where Kylie clearly took the time to tell stories through the songs and used her writing skills to send specific feelings and emotions across.
    DISCO is riddled with embarrassing lyrical moments like Monday Blues, Supernova, Fine Wine and I love it... and those songs aren't helped by amazing production either.

On previous Kylie albums, I would always find a line that would hook me into the song, even with album tracks and in the case of Disco, those moments are too few far between.

I also wish they amped up the production on some of the songs to make them feel bigger and more spacious (more strings, more reverb, stronger bass, etc). Disco as a genre is supposed to be played in clubs, aka big spaces and this album doesn't feel like it was designed for that type of consumption.

I would say after so many months, I only listen to
    Magic
    Say Something
    Miss a Thing
    Real Groove
    Dance floor Darling
    Celebrate You.

The rest is either uninteresting or terrible (I hate Supernova... always have and always will).

Iíve definitely found myself listening to the album less over the past few weeks, but Iíve frequently been going back to Say Something, Miss A Thing, Real Groove (and S.2054), Dance Floor Darling, I Love It, Last Chance, Fine Wine and Hey Lonely. So I guess 8/16 ainít bad three and a half months in. SS and MAT are true standouts and for me are now true classics in her catalogue.

I do find serious issue with the track list order, and have to listen through my own ordered playlist which really helps improve the flow of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post
    Iíve definitely found myself listening to the album less over the past few weeks, but Iíve frequently been going back to Say Something, Miss A Thing, Real Groove (and S.2054), Dance Floor Darling, I Love It, Last Chance, Fine Wine and Hey Lonely. So I guess 8/16 ainít bad three and a half months in. SS and MAT are true standouts and for me are now true classics in her catalogue.

I do find serious issue with the track list order, and have to listen through my own ordered playlist which really helps improve the flow of the album.
    What is your playlist?