Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DISCO singles promo (survey)

Default DISCO singles promo (survey)

Thereís a lot of back and forth as to what the next single(s) should be. My question is do you care so much for the type of promo a single receives if it means getting more singles released throughout the era?

Personally I want Supernova and DFD as singles, while some of you think Supernova is too niche, I wouldnít mind Supernova released as a single with no live performances as long as there is an official music video and released to radio.

RG had its own style of promo, no official video, and I think thatís fine as long as there are more singles to come. Thoughts?

Regular

To be honest I would prefer Miss A Thing and an edited Supernova before Disco: Side B.
    Iím not fussed about the promo really, Iím more here for further 7Ēvinyls. If we got more than 1 more single it would be nice to get a non album b-side.
    Itís not about a top 40 single anymore itís more for the fans so would be nice to just get some videos and physical formats. The singles just give her the opportunity to push the album to the public.

It feels like album is for the public and singles for the fans so would be nice if thatís remembered. If we had received 7Ē vinyls or a singles Boxset for the Golden singles it would have been a perfect touch.

Regular

MAT or DFD!

Miss A Thing or supernova or last chance

No more singles if they don’t get the full treatment...move on to a rerelease or better still a completely new album and tour both albums under one tour banner.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboGreen View Post
    No more singles if they don’t get the full treatment...move on to a rerelease or better still a completely new album and tour both albums under one tour banner.
    I agree - I donít see the point in them being singles if theyíre not treated as such. Iíd rather full promotion compared to a half hearted approach. Iím still so confused by how RG was handled - the lack of a MV is so baffling.

For me, MAT needs to be released in March if thatís when promotion is going to resume for DISCO with a full plan to get the campaign back up and running. Then Supernova released next in summer for when clubs are able to open in some way because thatís the best place for that song (which should hopefully satisfy you Sleepwalker &#128521

I don't mind Supernova being a single at all but I don't want it to be THE single to relaunch the campaign to the GP, it will do anything for her, I think Supernova is the perfect single to end the era as a thank you to the fans with CD Singles, 1000 formats and all those things Kylie fans love.

Miss A Thing is THE song, is perfect, perfect for radio, perfect for a collab, perfect for remixes, perfect video I mean it has everything, it's so fresh ugh this is the only right choice for a "hit" this era (besides RG obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Romova 2.0 View Post
    I don't mind Supernova being a single at all but I don't want it to be THE single to relaunch the campaign to the GP, it will do anything for her, I think Supernova is the perfect single to end the era as a thank you to the fans with CD Singles, 1000 formats and all those things Kylie fans love.

Miss A Thing is THE song, is perfect, perfect for radio, perfect for a collab, perfect for remixes, perfect video I mean it has everything, it's so fresh ugh this is the only right choice for a "hit" this era (besides RG obviously).
    Iíd actually love it if Kylie is actually engaged and in OZ to get married and released MAT as the following single when promo came back.

And Supernova in the summer, like OANLT said, and DFD in the fall.

I'd be inclined to agree that a more commercially remixed single-edit of Supernova followed Miss A Thing would be the best way to wrap up the album campaign. Supernova because it sounds different and a remix could make it POP even more. Miss A Thing is one of the best songs on the record and should have been the 2nd single IMO.

I wonder if she's had talks whilst in Oz about starting the Disco tour in Oz at the end of this year before taking it elsewhere in 2022. She could relaunch the album in the autumn as a DISCO: Tour Edition with some new tracks and maybe a cover or two (Love To Love You Baby, Night Fever for example).
    Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
    Him or her I shall follow
    As the water follows the moon
    Silently...with fluid steps