Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Language Tour

Default Body Language Tour

Why wasnít there one ?

Just strange that every album has had one other than this one and she is and was such a big touring artist.

I know we had Ultimate Kylie but that was a year later.

I assume they viewed the campaign as unsuccessful compared to Fever so switched quickly to UltimateKylie era and the Showgirl Tour.

Quite a shame really, as this album couldíve given us a great tour if Money Canít Buy is any benchmark.

Donít get me wrong, I donít like the album, I was just curious as it was still successful especially in the UK. X sold a similar amount and still got a tour.

To be honest sonically I think it would have been a bit of a meh tour anyway.

I think Kylie and team knew they were taking a risk with BL and so didnít risk going all out with a full tour that may not have sold well, compared to Fever.

Was the one night show all that was originally planned or was there any talk of a tour?

Money Canít Buy is absolutely stunning, feels very Broadway and Iíd love to get this in HD.

If I had to guess I thought it was more to do with touring exhaustion - Fever2002 would have been very physically draining which was still relatively fresh for Kylie and she might not have wanted to repeat this again so soon after especially if the idea of Ultimate Kylie / Showgirl were already planned?

Money Canít Buy was a full production and donít think it would have took too much effort to transform that into a tour if they wanted to. IP and Intimate and Live shows that Kylie could still sell tickets no matter the relative success of the album.
    Last edited by OnAForumLikeThis; 06-02-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post
    If I had to guess I thought it was more to do with touring exhaustion - Fever2002 would have been very physically draining which was still relatively fresh for Kylie and she might not have wanted to repeat this again so soon after especially if the idea of Ultimate Kylie / Showgirl were already planned?

Money Canít Buy was a full production and donít think it would have took too much effort to transform that into a tour if they wanted to. IP and Intimate and Live shows that Kylie could still sell tickets no matter the relative success of the album.
    IP and I&L were a few UK and Oz dates. Hardly relevant to Kylie at her imperial years of early 2000ís.

Having that said, I donít think they abandoned tour plans for that era but actually the whole campaign was dropped a couple of weeks after Chocolateís release. I donít think the song got any push outside the UK, which means this album got two singles outside the UK. They dropped the whole thing and moved on to UltimateKylie / Showgirl really quickly.

I can only assume Parlo and Kylinc lost confidence in the project for a strange unknown reason, as Slow and RBW did quite well. Had another more commercial track got chosen for single #3 (such as Secret or Obsession) I believe this campaign couldíve gone longer and sold more.

Quote Originally Posted by tatababa View Post
    IP and I&L were a few UK and Oz dates. Hardly relevant to Kylie at her imperial years of early 2000’s.

Having that said, I don’t think they abandoned tour plans for that era but actually the whole campaign was dropped a couple of weeks after Chocolate’s release. I don’t think the song got any push outside the UK, which means this album got two singles outside the UK. They dropped the whole thing and moved on to UltimateKylie / Showgirl really quickly.

I can only assume Parlo and Kylinc lost confidence in the project for a strange unknown reason, as Slow and RBW did quite well. Had another more commercial track got chosen for single #3 (such as Secret or Obsession) I believe this campaign could’ve gone longer and sold more.

I remember they said from day 1 there wouldn't be a tour.

Still think RBW was the wrong choice for a single. It couldn't be more for a completely different target group than Slow if it tried to (i know, that's not English haha) . Anyway.. total opposites
    It was the start of Schyzo releases.

RBW is a good track, just not for Body Language. Would have been a great second single for Ultimate Kylie tho (although i love giving you up (now that would have been an interesting second single for BL haha)

I get that but if there was meant to be a tour this is usually planned pre album because they have to book venues etc so the singles performances wouldnít have matter. Seems to me like it was never the plan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sunderlandladnew View Post
    I get that but if there was meant to be a tour this is usually planned pre album because they have to book venues etc so the singles performances wouldn’t have matter. Seems to me like it was never the plan anyway.
    nope, wasn't planned . That's why they said (when Slow hit number 1) it's the most expensive promo they've ever done, all that effort for one night

Again, not sure if the right prism to look at is just the tour or the actual whole album campaign?

Iím not sure why after RBW the whole campaign fell apart. And whether RBW was right or not, it was quite successful on the charts all around her main markets.