Thread: Kylie contribute a write-up to Dua Lipa's TIME article

Default Kylie contribute a write-up to Dua Lipa's TIME article

From TIME: "DUALIPA is a shining star, blazing a dazzling trail through the pop cosmos," says @KylieMinogue. "She is dancing hand in hand with the zeitgeist, having carved with laser-like precision her place in the cultural landscape"

https://time.com/collection-post/5937664/dua-lipa/

For You, For Me - NYC 10/12/09
    Aphrodite Live - Fairfax 04/30/11

It's great so see female artists appreciate each other instead of tearing each other down.

Really hope Kylie and Dua collaborate properly together at some point. Collaborations work so much better when there's a mutual admiration. The Tove Lo collaboration was fantastic and really excited to see what Kylie and Jessie Ware come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    It's great so see female artists appreciate each other instead of tearing each other down.

Really hope Kylie and Dua collaborate properly together at some point. Collaborations work so much better when there's a mutual admiration. The Tove Lo collaboration was fantastic and really excited to see what Kylie and Jessie Ware come up with.
    Totally agree. It used to be very toxic with female artists feeding into the comparisons and fake media fueds. It seems to be a lot better now.

Quote Originally Posted by stanstan View Post
    Totally agree. It used to be very toxic with female artists feeding into the comparisons and fake media fueds. It seems to be a lot better now.
    And I think Kylie felt the brunt of some very unkind and unfair comments from other artists - especially when she was just starting out. People writing her off and calling her a one hit wonder. So I think she is very sensitive to not inflict that sort of attack on other new artists who look up to the veterans the way Kylie did. And she has seen new comers burst in to the scene and become huge names in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    And I think Kylie felt the brunt of some very unkind and unfair comments from other artists - especially when she was just starting out. People writing her off and calling her a one hit wonder. So I think she is very sensitive to not inflict that sort of attack on other new artists who look up to the veterans the way Kylie did. And she has seen new comers burst in to the scene and become huge names in the industry.
    Kylie is very supportive towards younger female artists because like she said in a recent interview she doesn't have that kind of mentor from legend female singers (perhaps Olivia in the 80's?). Women have been ruling the charts because nowadays they have been more supportive towards another female artist than younger Kylie.

Cute. Reminds me of when Madonna was asked about Britney in the early 2000s. Itd be nice to see Dua and Kylie appropriately duet.