Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2021

Default Eurovision 2021

The United Kingdom 🇬🇧 have chosen James Newman to fly the flag at Eurovision 2021!

James hasn't stopped making music in lockdown, and he can't wait to unleash his song for Rotterdam with the world next month!

Award-winning singer-songwriter James Newman has been invited to represent the United Kingdom at the 65th Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam.

The multi-platinum selling, Grammy-nominated Yorkshireman had been due to compete in 2020 with his anthemic track My Last Breath. Newman will now reveal his brand new bop in March.

James explains his eagerness to take to Europe's biggest stage:

“I’m so excited and honoured to be getting a second chance at representing my country in the Eurovision Song Contest. I haven’t stopped making new music in lockdown and I can’t wait for everyone to hear the song I’m taking to Eurovision in 2021.”

Jo Wallace, Acting Controller of Entertainment Commissioning for the BBC, adds:

“We are so pleased to have James back with us and representing the United Kingdom at Eurovision 2021. After 2020 and the cancellation of the 65th Contest, Eurovision is exactly what everyone needs!”

The BBC also announced a renewed collaboration between BBC Studios and record company BMG; the latter will release and publish the United Kingdom's entry, while BBC Studios will produce the UK's coverage of the world's most watched song competition.

As well as being cheered on by his fans, friends, family and the rest of Team Newman, James can also count on the support of one particularly furry devotee... his pet rabbit Brick.
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    The United Kingdom  have chosen James Newman to fly the flag at Eurovision 2021!

James hasn't stopped making music in lockdown, and he can't wait to unleash his song for Rotterdam with the world next month!

Award-winning singer-songwriter James Newman has been invited to represent the United Kingdom at the 65th Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam.

The multi-platinum selling, Grammy-nominated Yorkshireman had been due to compete in 2020 with his anthemic track My Last Breath. Newman will now reveal his brand new bop in March.

James explains his eagerness to take to Europe's biggest stage:

“I’m so excited and honoured to be getting a second chance at representing my country in the Eurovision Song Contest. I haven’t stopped making new music in lockdown and I can’t wait for everyone to hear the song I’m taking to Eurovision in 2021.”

Jo Wallace, Acting Controller of Entertainment Commissioning for the BBC, adds:

“We are so pleased to have James back with us and representing the United Kingdom at Eurovision 2021. After 2020 and the cancellation of the 65th Contest, Eurovision is exactly what everyone needs!”

The BBC also announced a renewed collaboration between BBC Studios and record company BMG; the latter will release and publish the United Kingdom's entry, while BBC Studios will produce the UK's coverage of the world's most watched song competition.

As well as being cheered on by his fans, friends, family and the rest of Team Newman, James can also count on the support of one particularly furry devotee... his pet rabbit Brick.
    Everyone had soo much time to create new music for Eurovision 2021 you can hear the quality already is upped by the songs that have been released so far. (although a lot of them are 'inspired' very heavily by current hits)
    So curious to how this years song contest will be held. Is there any news already?

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Everyone had soo much time to create new music for Eurovision 2021 you can hear the quality already is upped by the songs that have been released so far. (although a lot of them are 'inspired' very heavily by current hits)
    So curious to how this years song contest will be held. Is there any news already?
    They are going with option B at this moment in time (option A is a normal Eurovision)

Scenario B: Socially distanced Eurovision Song Contest

Everyone attending the Eurovision Song Contest at Rotterdam’s Ahoy Arena would need to practice social distancing.

Strict health and safety measures (including frequent COVID testing) would be in place at the venue. A protocol to protect artists, delegations, and crew on and off site would be adhered to.

If there are any delegations who cannot travel to Rotterdam, their artists will perform “live-on-tape” with a recorded performance being used.

Those who can travel to Rotterdam will perform their songs live on stage.

There would be 9 shows (6 dress rehearsals, 2 Semi-Finals and a Grand Final), either with no audience or a reduced audience to allow for social distancing. The final capacity would be dependent on local government guidelines.

There will be activities in the city of Rotterdam held in a safe and responsible way.

If the situations gets worse they will cancel scenario B, and look to Scenerio C where no delegations travel at all
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    They are going with option B at this moment in time (option A is a normal Eurovision)

Scenario B: Socially distanced Eurovision Song Contest

Everyone attending the Eurovision Song Contest at Rotterdam’s Ahoy Arena would need to practice social distancing.

Strict health and safety measures (including frequent COVID testing) would be in place at the venue. A protocol to protect artists, delegations, and crew on and off site would be adhered to.

If there are any delegations who cannot travel to Rotterdam, their artists will perform “live-on-tape” with a recorded performance being used.

Those who can travel to Rotterdam will perform their songs live on stage.

There would be 9 shows (6 dress rehearsals, 2 Semi-Finals and a Grand Final), either with no audience or a reduced audience to allow for social distancing. The final capacity would be dependent on local government guidelines.

There will be activities in the city of Rotterdam held in a safe and responsible way.

If the situations gets worse they will cancel scenario B, and look to Scenerio C where no delegations travel at all
    Just talked to one of my friends who purchased tickets to 2 of the shows in 2020.
    apparently they get a refund now and an option to buy new tickets to the shows.

God, must be soo much extra work for Rotterdam to organize this.
    Hope things can go ahead with scenario B. But just checked the situation in Holland and it doesn't look good. I also think they need to make a decision to change scenario's way ahead.

Let's hope for the best..

I personally think they should have postponed it until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I personally think they should have postponed it until 2022.
    Agreed.

People need to live their lives

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    People need to not catch a deadly virus and spread it further..

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    And they still can without a glorified concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    People need to not catch a deadly virus and spread it further..
    I'm not suggesting that they should. What a ridiculous comment.

It would appear that the organisers have done a huge amount of work to stage a safe concert with contigency planning.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    And they still can without a glorified concert.
    That may well be the case, but speaking more generally than just Eurovision, we need art, entertainment, culture and until this pandemic is over we will have to find new ways to do it. It seems to me that Eurovision are doing exactly that.

Christ I'm not even a big fan of Eurovision. It's thinly veiled geopolitical statement more than anything, but that's not the point.