Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylie album XVI - official thread

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.M.B View Post
    Why not, that would be something new, which could possibly be cool.
    Actually this can be cool if styled right. If she’s styled like BL era, sleek and sexy.

I think w.e Kylie does, it’s going to be the main stream version. Doubt we’ll get an album like sleepwalker but she could have some darker tracks.
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; 25-02-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Actually this can be cool if styled right. If she’s styled like BL era, sleek and sexy.

I think w.e Kylie does, it’s going to be the main stream version. Doubt we’ll get an album like sleepwalker but she could have some darker tracks.
    We need that full sleepwalker project...
    Or at least a vinyl release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    There’s a lot of people wanting “pure dance/ club” music next. Is this really realistic for Kylie?

I’d make OANLT and IYE the template. A very house driven, pulsating sound.
    IYE yes... OANLT, please no

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    IYE yes... OANLT, please no
    I'd say the opposite. IYE has been done over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Sorry, but it's how I feel. I like magic, fine wine, miss a thing, last chance, SS and supernova. But outside of that I just find the rest of the album generally boring. I personally got more life out of the golden era, the songs clicked with me more.
    But I just find disco hard to listen to.
    But I do listen to the majority of my music while working out lightly now. And disco just doesn't quite have the right tempo for it for me. Plus when it released and I listened to the whole thing it was a really shit day for me. So I just think my whole impression or the album had been tainted.
    If people enjoy it cool, that's great.
    But in ready to move on and enjoy last eras until something else comes along <3
    In a way that's how I feel but with Golden and Disco switched around. Generally speaking country music isn't my cup of tea. Dancing worked for me as it had enough of Kylie dance angle to it. However most of the songs I listen to are the ones that aren't really country like Golden, Raining Glitter, Love (if I'm in the right mood) and the glorious Lost Without You. As for Kylie Christmas - sadly I don't listen to it at all even at Christmas.

But if Kylie is going to release a Christmas, a Country and a Disco album in a 5 year period it stands to reason that even the biggest fans will not like everything she does.

In due course I think Kylie needs to make a KYLIE album, not country, Christmas, Disco, Jazz, etc. We haven't really had a cohesive Kylie dance album since Aphrodite, and even that felt like Stuart Price had put a thick layer of plaster over the songs to try to get a smooth edge. If Kylie sticks with themes then I fear we will eventually end up with Kylie DOO-WOP featuring a Karen Poole remix of Tears On My Pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    This thread making me wanna listen to KM94 again. Such a good album.
    I've learned to appreciate it more as I've got older. When it came out I thought... this is good, but boy do I want to hear a Shocked or What Do I Have To Do type song. I quite liked Ace of Base at the time and that was getting played a lot more than Kylie.

I thought Where Has The Love Gone was a prolonged exercise in pointlessness. She even had a backing singer doing all the vocals for about 1 minute of the song.

I hadn't listened to it for ages but put it on a few weeks ago and I was amazed at how fresh the production sounds. (Same with Falling - which I hated at the time as I was hoping to hear Kylie singing a "standard" PSB song)

Doing a OANLT or an IYE type song would be seen as Kylie trying to rehash something from two decades ago.

Those songs need to be the starting point of the writing process, not the end of it.

An album fitting the general theme of ‘dance’ would be a natural progressor from DISCO imo, and would be ideal for when clubs are opened again. I wouldn’t mind half being “safe”, and then the other half taking a more darker / experimental approach like Sleepwalker EP to please everyone.

OANLT is hands-down my fave song, but I think attempting to repeat that euro-pop sound would just sound dated now.

She should definitely stick with Green and Biffco who have proved time and time again their excellence for production, as well as Teemu and Stadi and explore the sound they found with MAT / RG. Also wouldn’t mind an overriding exec producer again like Stuart Price - Calvin Harris, Mark Ronson and Bloodpop come to mind too.

Would also love Kylie to work with SG Lewis - Kylie has him featured three times on her Infinite Disco playlist and he’s shown love for Kylie in the past (plus his debut album is really good). Something in the vain of this with Robyn would be perfect for Kylie:

As long as she steers clear of country. We suffered enough with Golden.

I enjoyed Golden A LOT, I *****ng live country music and Kylie doing country was pure bliss, I remember the meltdowns when the remix of ALTR came out hahaha, I was living while everyone was mad about it lmao still my most played track from the Golden era