Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade 2021

Default Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade 2021

It is the question on so many people's lips. Will Kylie attend this weekends Mardi Gras Parade at the SCG this Saturday night March 6th?

There is a good chance she may she is only in Melbourne a one hour flight away. I think it would be amazing if she appeared and even sung. I'll be there!

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeonthemic View Post
    It is the question on so many people's lips. Will Kylie attend this weekends Mardi Gras Parade at the SCG this Saturday night March 6th?

There is a good chance she may she is only in Melbourne a one hour flight away. I think it would be amazing if she appeared and even sung. I'll be there!

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!
    the whole world hates you at the moment

So like, a whole bunch of people are gonna be meeting in huge amounts during a pandemic? When there's been fresh resurgences. Yikes.

The Parade has been replaced by a sit down event at the Sydney Cricket Ground (and no party)....it hasnt even sold out...I think she will skip it this year!

Now World Pride Sydney 2023....thats a different story!

Useless at Scrabble....................

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    So like, a whole bunch of people are gonna be meeting in huge amounts during a pandemic? When there's been fresh resurgences. Yikes.
    Why? Australia has been virus free for couple of months now with not one local transmitted case.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    Why? Australia has been virus free for couple of months now with not one local transmitted case.
    Really? Huh. Then why do you guys keep going into temporary lockdowns in certain states like over here? Is travel open?. Still don't think it's a great idea to have a huge get together. But *shrug*

Really? Huh. Then why do you guys keep going into temporary lockdowns in certain states like over here? Is travel open?. Still don't think it's a great idea to have a huge get together. But *shrug*
    That is why we have no cases. When we have as little as one case that might be a highly infectious strain, a lockdown or further restrictions are swiftly in place. The SCG is an outdoor venue with minimised capacity due to the pandemic and enforced distancing. It's not a huge gathering like you would think. Also, we have no cases here. The only reason why we might have a case is that someone working in hotel quarantine might have been exposed by returning citizens. All very controlled here, and life is fairly normal. We are fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeonthemic View Post

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!
    With the news of Michaela Gudinski's death, I would think she would want to be close to family.
    Last edited by ante; 02-03-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Regular

To prevent any community infections and those 5 day lockdowns resulted in no local transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by ante View Post
    That is why we have no cases. When we have as little as one case that might be a highly infectious strain, a lockdown or further restrictions are swiftly in place. The SCG is an outdoor venue with minimised capacity due to the pandemic and enforced distancing. It's not a huge gathering like you would think. Also, we have no cases here. The only reason why we might have a case is that someone working in hotel quarantine might have been exposed by returning citizens. All very controlled here, and life is fairly normal. We are fortunate.

With the news of Michaela Gudinski's death, I would think she would want to be close to family.
    Fair enough. I'm just kinda pissed off because NZ has being going in and out the last few weeks of lockdown. And they keep letting more and more people in the country and not doing tests properly. It feels like we're on the edge of another breakout.

Regular

Fair enough. I'm just kinda pissed off because NZ has being going in and out the last few weeks of lockdown. And they keep letting more and more people in the country and not doing tests properly. It feels like we're on the edge of another breakout.
    are you in Auckland?