Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ante View Post
    That is why we have no cases. When we have as little as one case that might be a highly infectious strain, a lockdown or further restrictions are swiftly in place. The SCG is an outdoor venue with minimised capacity due to the pandemic and enforced distancing. It's not a huge gathering like you would think. Also, we have no cases here. The only reason why we might have a case is that someone working in hotel quarantine might have been exposed by returning citizens. All very controlled here, and life is fairly normal. We are fortunate.

With the news of Michaela Gudinski's death, I would think she would want to be close to family.
    Sad news re Michael Gudinski, she is in a sad place at the moment so who knows. I still think she may make and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer View Post
    The Parade has been replaced by a sit down event at the Sydney Cricket Ground (and no party)....it hasnt even sold out...I think she will skip it this year!

Now World Pride Sydney 2023....thats a different story!
    I have news for you. SCG Mardi Gras is at full capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    the whole world hates you at the moment
    ha ha don't hate. We are very lucky in Australia, we have shut down the borders, we have zero local cases and if there was a break out, we have the best tracing in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Really? Huh. Then why do you guys keep going into temporary lockdowns in certain states like over here? Is travel open?. Still don't think it's a great idea to have a huge get together. But *shrug*

Australia has 10 new cases a day and no serious critical...
    I'm sure the regular flu over there is now 1000 times more deadly

Ooh wait, there has been no regular flu the last 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeonthemic View Post
    ha ha don't hate. We are very lucky in Australia, we have shut down the borders, we have zero local cases and if there was a break out, we have the best tracing in place.
    Australia has been an example in how to handle this. We are just destroyed over here. I'm closing my businesses myself this year. There just is no use.
    I have a lot of left over friends from my dj years, Dj's party organizers and club owners. It will be exacly one year in 12 days since they closed. Poor guys. I know it's similar everywhere else, but Belgium has been the strictest after Australia, but always too late.

Regular

Australia has been an example in how to handle this. We are just destroyed over here. I'm closing my businesses myself this year. There just is no use.
    I have a lot of left over friends from my dj years, Dj's party organizers and club owners. It will be exacly one year in 12 days since they closed. Poor guys. I know it's similar everywhere else, but Belgium has been the strictest after Australia, but always too late.
    Oh no I feel so sorry and sad for you reading this I wish I could do something to help it always breaks my heart when I see businesses forced to closed permanently. Iím dealing with unemployment so I can totally sense your frustration

I know many businesses in Australia have also been forced to shut due to struggling. Nearly every city in Australia literally feels like a ghost town as compared to normal, especially Sydney and Melbourne which used to be very packed.

Regular

Omg I didnít even know the gay parade was still on. I avoid gay places and Mardi Gras anyway as they always makes me feel depressed about not being hot, especially seeing hot gay couples everywhere.

Belgium has been the most strict, after Australia? Where on earth are you getting that from?

Quote Originally Posted by kissmeonce28 View Post
    Belgium has been the most strict, after Australia? Where on earth are you getting that from?
    Living here?
    Obviously meant one of the strictest.

Sorry to hear.