Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Music week - bmg boss on Kylie and DISCO’s future...

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    So happy to read this, Disco has quickly become one of my all time favourite Kylie albums and still play it regularly.

It still has so much potential and I'm glad to see that they are going to keep pushing it, something Parlophone never would have done. BMG seem far more committed to an album campaign. With Golden we had 5 singles and Disco has the potential for more, especially if they do a reissue with more songs.

I wonder if the Jessie Ware collaboration is for this campaign or something separate. Either way, I'm really excited to hear the results.
    Yeh I feel like parlephone were amazing with her at the beginning and then lost steam with Aphrodite forward. they did make some of her best music though

Regular

It’s great to see that BMG are very invested in Kylie in terms of both sales and as an artist!

However, more importantly, they are very realistic about Kylie’s current position in the music world and have a realistic strategy/approach with realistic goals,

LOVE this quote:

“There’s going to be more repertoire coming. This record lends itself very nicely to remixes, features and collaborations."

They’ve been dropping pieces and bits every month, so we must be getting something for March too! Whoop!

Regular

Great read, but I do think Kylie does need s to get more social media savy. I'm been flooded with info about Dannii clothes launch at the min. And I'm not even a Dannii fan. But I'm sure if she can do it Kylie can do it even better.

It's very good that they are so positive about the success they have achieved and what they strive for in the future with Kylie, and that they do show an interest to keep building a path forward in the streaming age of music for their artists.

That however, does not change that BMG are still a group of cynical conformists and this article clearly embodies that. It would be cool if they addressed how it is that such an amazing record only managed to stay 11 weeks on the top 100 even with massive acceptance from the public, how it was that they stopped doing their job after reaching their goal, and giving each other high 5's on a circle-jerk stand while the record everybody wanted to keep seeing was drowning in the depts of an abyss in pure meme-style? (of cours with Kylie's ace help of walking away from the project just because she felt like it).

It would be more honest at least if he recognized that they like to work on reachable goals and then call it a day, instead of you know... keep working and pushing forward.

Regular

It's great seeing BMG doing new and different approaches some might work or not but good on them for trying.

Addressing the negative stuff Disco has done better than many main stream artists who have many more followers and sales are down across the board. Disco came out during Convid19. Its not normal times.

Previously: ChristopherP BrotherInRhythm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newcbrown View Post
    Great read, but I do think Kylie does need s to get more social media savy. I'm been flooded with info about Dannii clothes launch at the min. And I'm not even a Dannii fan. But I'm sure if she can do it Kylie can do it even better.
    The thing is you can’t really teach yourself how to have a convincing social media presence. Dannii and Kylie have always had entirely different personalities and Dannii’s is much more suited to things like social media, TV or even regular interviews, she’s always been much more unfiltered and straight-forward while with Kylie it always seems like she weighs every word to the point where you can hardly say anything other than she came across as sweet and lovely. This doesn’t make for a great social media presence or exciting TV moments.

Btw, this ATRL thread ranks the biggest and most important markets worldwide and it's good to know, Mexico and Brazil are so high and that Kylie is doing amazingly well on those countries

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/341198...arkets-ranked/

Regular

Tiktok is so entertaining and the hottest thing last year and still burning bright.