Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Music week - bmg boss on Kylie and DISCO’s future...

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    They’ve been dropping pieces and bits every month, so we must be getting something for March too! Whoop!
    Pass me the pepper and salt 😉

Quote Originally Posted by newcbrown View Post
    Great read, but I do think Kylie does need s to get more social media savy. I'm been flooded with info about Dannii clothes launch at the min. And I'm not even a Dannii fan. But I'm sure if she can do it Kylie can do it even better.
    This might have been one of those side busnesses for Kylie that would totally make sense. Instead of all those others this could have been a huge thing.
    An affordable high fashion brand for the very petite. it would have sold (and sell) like crazy

A collab for a Single version of Supernova would be fab to me!

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    This might have been one of those side busnesses for Kylie that would totally make sense. Instead of all those others this could have been a huge thing.
    An affordable high fashion brand for the very petite. it would have sold (and sell) like crazy
    To be fair, all of her side businesses so far were successful, each of her discontinued brands lasted quite a few years, which is an eternity for celebrity novelty products.

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    People were screaming Kylie was in the top 100 of most streamed artists. But That was also because of one song. So like your assumption, as usuless
    Anything helps, and the 'well it's one song this, and it's only because of that' attitude should be consistent or not applied at all.

Duncan Laurence has 1 album out. is a Eurivision winner, but released an album only on November 13 (1 week after Kylie)
    it's not just the one song they are streaming now. His album streams without the single version of Arcade: 65.5M - with Arcade: 278M
    A small town boy has 12 songs
    Kylie is at 68.5 with 16 songs

If 1 song gives Kylie a huge boost in listeners it 'might' help her streaming numbers, she might get lots of free press because of it and she is seen in the charts, streaming and regular. All these things contribute to better overall streaming numbers. otherwise there really is no use in trying.

If she released a single of an album, it's still only 1 song that gets streamed. eople aren't going to look up her album if they don't want to, but stream the song or stream it because it's added to a playlist.

This Tiktok phenomena is a different beast all together. People are looking up the song on streaming. Typing in his name, his song. A whole different ball game.

I'm pretty tired of reading, well if Kylie does this and this she will be seen as a desperate artist trying to hold on to her fame. Well duh. And so it should be.. It is your life career
    There are ways to get on tiktok, and you don't have to do anything yourself.
    People make millions on it not because of campaigns, selling their accounts, making a tiktok go viral

Yea, Tiktok, doesn't 'just' happen. it gets help.. you just need to be willing to invest
    Sorry, the wording was probably not very clear. I didn't mean to say that it would be a desperate move, I don't share that view at all. I just feel that one song taking off on streaming would distort her numbers and it would be strange to see it doing better than, say, Head or Lovers. The success of post-streaming releases is just incomparable with that of the old songs, and the numbers would disproportionately favour the new song.

Regular

Whenever Dancefloor Darling comes on whilst I am doing my morning run - I am just hopeful that there is mileage i the album yet and this track in particular could be the end of lockdown anthem that the world needs and just explodes....

Quote Originally Posted by flesh mechanic View Post
    Dancefloor Darling - this track in particular could be the end of lockdown anthem that the world needs and just explodes....
    That would be a great concept for the video. Like an All the lovers type of liberating feel.