Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Floor Darling [4th Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by newcbrown View Post
    Not sure why people are fawning over the jessie wear video , just watched it and it was so boring. Reminded me of the magic US TV performance
    It reminds me of the magic video.
    Song was good, video was meh.

Quote Originally Posted by newcbrown View Post
    Not sure why people are fawning over the jessie wear video , just watched it and it was so boring. Reminded me of the magic US TV performance
    It's not that it's the best video ever, or even a great video, it just meets the brief.
    Create a video that makes the song better.

That really is the only thing a music video should do and the Please video does just that.
    And with the limitations, with Jessie being very pregnant and not able to take any risk i think it's done a brilliant job
    After the video i've played the song soo many times over, before that i thought it was just a cute song

It just works

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    sadly i think that's the case.
    They shouldn't see music videos as a snapshot. But like a tool to keep people interested and excited in the brand. the tours and the performances. Not just the general public but award and tv shows. The more exciting her visual art is the more likely it is she will get thrown in the ballot of who's performing at what show. At this time i don't think her name even comes up at those meetings.

Like said before, if there is one thing she should invest in for her touring career it's music videos (and image in general) - she can't expect to do low budget or rushed videos and have the same look constantly during promo and than sell the same amount of tickets for a tour. People need to get excited, especially the ones that already saw her in concert. and that's through music and more so through imagery. If fans start to lose excitement for a tour imagine how the GP feels.

It's not rocket science imo
    Totally agree. Naming your album Disco and with that ďdoes what it says on the tinĒ artwork you have the opportunity to go fully throttle, hell for leather on the styling - Miley Cirus has just nailed it in that regard with her release. Obviously I donít want to see Kylie with a mullet but I expected full on glam. The SS video did deliver in terms of look but I actually think the best visual she has put out this era is the SS lyric video. Thatís kind of what I was expecting the actual video to look like. The strange thing is that she has access to all the fashion and styling that you can dream of and yet she went beyond safe. I know some are critical of WB but what Iíd love is for some young shit hit stylist to walk up to Kylie and say I want to work with you and full of ideas. I think Kylie is a bit too removed from the times when that scenario was possible. She has kind of transcended this sort of level of elite public figure that separates her from those kind of experiences. Kylie has literally transformed the careers of designers and creatives just by wearing their designs once. Iím just wondering what she is afraid of?

Separately I just canít believe the treatment of tracks on the album. RG - collaborating with the hottest popstar in the industry, performing with her at her concert stream and then doing absolutely nothing with it. DFD - WTF?! And the biggest crime of all MAT - one of her best songs in ages and itís relegated to probably being forgotten. So much potential on this album....Iím just failing to understand what they are thinking. As a fan I think we can think critically and still utterly adore her...she is such an influence on, and a huge big part of my life.

Regular

It's not that it's the best video ever, or even a great video, it just meets the brief.

That really is the only thing a music video should do and the Please video does just that.
    And with the limitations, with Jessie being very pregnant and not able to take any risk i think it's done a brilliant job
    After the video i've played the song soo many times over, before that i thought it was just a cute song

It just works
    This. Videos donít need to be ground breaking to be good.

It just works
    Match!

Where is yours curl look video?

Quote Originally Posted by flesh mechanic View Post
    Iím reading that the response to Real Groove was seen as a disappointment, given that loads of remixes were commissioned - and a lack of commitment to invest in more singles - seems evident - whereas I feel Real Groove was far from the best choice for single and promotion was almost non existent apart from the guest spot in Duaís concert and the Jonathan Ross performance ...

Anyways Kylie seems to have thus far only acknowledged Dance Floor Darling as a track that (fans) got sent to radio (so not an official single)

Is she fighting with the label for single choices?
    Really good question! Are there internal politics/disagreements, sheís not getting what she wants so isnít doing anymore! Anyone with inside intel?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Match!

Where is yours curl look video?
    Haha.. it's getting there. There's so much going on at the moment that i just don't have the time for editing, but i'm halfway there

Haha.. it's getting there. There's so much going on at the moment that i just don't have the time for editing, but i'm halfway there

Please let us know then:-)

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    This. Videos donít need to be ground breaking to be good.
    definitely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Please let us know then:-)
    haha i'll let You know.. don't think many are waiting for a new video of me haha