Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Has Kylie Become a Pastiche Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I would love Kylie to work with people like Calvin Harris, Galantis (I know she has, but listen to Heartbreak Anthem, and imagine it with Kylie’s vocals) or even David Guetta! Or the people who produced and wrote Sweet Melody for Little Mix (MNEK and co.)
    She already worked with Harris, In My Arms and Heartbeat Rock are produced by him. Too Much from Aphrodite is a Calvin Harris work too.

Quote Originally Posted by West End Wendy View Post
    Essentially, yes.

And it's quite astonishing as to why she is limiting herself to her safe lane, when at this point she could do anything.

Resting on her laurels? Nothing left to prove? Take your pick. But artistically and creatively she's gone backwards since Golden.
    How is it possible that a Kylie fan still DOES NOT GET miss Kylie? She makes feel good music, good melodies that can be liked by a lot of people, she is NOT Grace Jones or Robyn or Lykke Li or Annie or Björk or Pj Harvey.

Golden and Disco are some of the best works she has ever done, she has creative freedom, she has control, she has focus, this period gave us jewels like Music's Too Sad Without You or Lost Without You, and of course, Disco, her best album ever in terms of content and musicality (second best one is Light Years).

Quote Originally Posted by in-my-eyes View Post
    She already worked with Harris, In My Arms and Heartbeat Rock are produced by him. Too Much from Aphrodite is a Calvin Harris work too.
    She gave him opportunities when he was still largely unknown and then when he hit the jackpot he gave all of his best work to Rihanna and everyone else :/

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    She gave him opportunities when he was still largely unknown and then when he hit the jackpot he gave all of his best work to Rihanna and everyone else :/
    Calvin has always had an arrogant personality though. He declined Gaga to.

Him as a person is just so unlikable.