Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former fan returning to the fold - what have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer View Post
    Q: a few more posts, and it's basically watch 'everything' haha

And your point is?
    No point, just a joke

Go fish for a discussion somewhere else

Aphrodite and its Tour
    Timebomb
    Golden and its Tour

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
    I still struggle with LY tbh. I just find it a bit patronising and calculated coming after IP. The overly camp kitsch stuff is a bit beneath her imho.
    Fever and Body Language were better but at the time I still only enjoyed a handful of tracks. Returning to them years later, Fever is better than I remembered giving it credit for, a solid album from start to finish, except for Give It To Me, Dancefloor and the title track which are complete throwaway. BL was wildly inconsistent to me, Slow and Still Standing being the standout tracks, but a lot of b-side quality album tracks.

X and Aphrodite are much more consistent than her early 00s material imo.
    are you from the UK? How on earth can a UK person not be a Kylie fan for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    are you from the UK? How on earth can a UK person not be a Kylie fan for so long.
    Yes from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by DwardoD View Post
    This whole post is weird because your comments on this forum go back to 2019 and you sound like you know pretty much everything about Kylie’s career since 2003, even ranking all her albums, so hardly returning to the fold?
    I said in my OP that my interest was reignited after watching her Glasto set.

Say Hey Member

...and what was your username "back then," prey tell?

Also, it's nice to see this place still going. I used to post on here loads back in the yellow SayHey days and was one of the main contributors back then under a different username

A few other leftfield-type tracks that you might like that I don't see mentioned: Sparks (Into the Blue B-side); Golden Boy, Still Feels Like The First Time (with Zoot Woman), Sometime Samurai (with Towa Tei), Crave You (with Flight Facilities) and Lose Control (X demo)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    ...and what was your username "back then," prey tell?
    JimmyJam.

Say Hey Member

Oh I do remember you! Welcome back :-)

JimmyJam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Oh I do remember you! Welcome back :-)
    Thanks nice to be back.

Just to clarify, yes I rejoined in 2019, but I've only really gone back to proper fandom in the last 12 months or so. Spent 2019-2021 catching up on the albums mainly.

There's a lot of reasons why my fandom tailed off, I started listening to a lot of music outside of pop, a lot of 70s, 80s, 90s stuff, classic rock, metal, soul, funk music, and Kylie was just "someone I listened to growing up." But seeing her Glasto set made me remember why I loved her so much back in the day, plus I think we all return to the music of our youth at some stage.