Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tours...The Tickets...The favourites...

Someone’s been on the Buckfast…

Say Hey Member

My first ever show - Playhouse Edinburgh 1991 - will always stay in my heart; T-In The Park 1995 was quite unique, Intimate & Live at shepherds bush was just amazing...I actually can't think of an all out favourite other than I wish MCB was expanded...

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    My first ever show - Playhouse Edinburgh 1991 - will always stay in my heart; T-In The Park 1995 was quite unique, Intimate & Live at shepherds bush was just amazing...I actually can't think of an all out favourite other than I wish MCB was expanded...
    I so wish I had seen Intimate & Live at Shepherds Bush!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Wow so early

I thought you ready like Mid to Late 20s years old or so...cos you said you lived with your Parents. .

Jesus....then you saw nearly all shows.
    First I saw Was showgirl in Switzerland

Say Hey Member

Hi there, I wish I was mid-late 20's again lol.

I had my own flat in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and have lived/worked short-mid term in London, Birmingham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, the Borders, Leeds, Cardiff, and Swansea, however, my parents house in Scotland has always been my home. It was built in 1939 and has been in our family since 1962.

Yeh, the only run of shows I never saw was the superb North USA ones - labelled "For You For Me," - back around 2009 (I think). I had tickets, hotel, and flights all booked, however, due to work commitments/product launches, I couldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Wow so early

I thought you ready like Mid to Late 20s years old or so...cos you said you lived with your Parents. .

Jesus....then you saw nearly all shows.
    First I saw Was showgirl in Switzerland

Say Hey Member

I, personally, don't have any tour that wasn't a favourite. I enjoyed/loved them all for very different reasons & memories that I will always treasure. From my first concert to the last (Edinburgh Castle) I have always been in awe of Kylie's vocal ability, stage presence, charisma, and ability to connect with every fan in the audience.

I also enjoyed the after show meet ups back at the Hotel (if I was staying over; the chat, the laughs, the buzz. My Mum - also a massive Kylie fan - loved when we went together, and always shouted out for The One. We were due to go to the Edinburgh 2019 Castle gig together, however, my Mum passed away in the February before, so that was quite a bitter/sweet two nights for me.

Though I never touch or flick through the pages of the tour books/brochures, everyone of them is like a chapter in my book of life, and everyone of them holds so many fantastic stories & Memories.

Say Hey Member

OMG I have just read through my thread from the start and want to make a couple of comments:

1. I hadn't been "on the buck fast," (as one member commented) or drinking at all (I can't)when some of those comments were made
    2. I have spent many great years throughout all 4 countries that make top the United Kingdom and have received nothing other than kindness, friendship and love in each and everyone
    3. There truly isn't a racist bone in my body - I have many friends, family and close relationships with people from all around the world.

To explain myself - perhaps I should have done this earlier - I have chronic Hepatitis B and Non-Alcohol related Cirrhoses of the liver. I am - and will be for the rest of my life - on a medication called entecavir to prevent the HepB from duplicating itself.

I am currently going through an episode - due to my liver condition/virus - called Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE). This causes the following: confusion; forgetfulness; personality or mood changes; stale or sweet odour on the breath; poor judgement
    poor concentration; change in sleep patterns; worsening of handwriting or small hand movement.

Thank you to Big Bad Boy for the kind words (of wisdom too)as sometimes it does take someone to give you a kick up the arse and a bit of a shake. I can't even remember typing most of that, therefore, when my episodes of HE are at their worst I normally just step away from the keyboard.

I have included some links to further outline my virus and associated foibles that go along with it should anyone need to support a friend, colleague, or member of the family going through the same:

Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE)
    https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/inf...HOsixFYjsM5uwg

Hepatitis B
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hepatitis-b/

Cirrhosis
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cirrhosis/

Entecavir
    https://www.rxlist.com/baraclude-sid...rug-center.htm

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies, and gratitude for your patience.

Say Hey Member

Forgot about this...

IMG-3588

Say Hey Member

It was really exciting. Everything from the flight in the morning, staying across from the RADA building in Central London, getting to the gig, the show itself, then clubbing afterwards....those were the days x

Quote Originally Posted by othersides View Post
    I so wish I had seen Intimate & Live at Shepherds Bush!

Say Hey Member

So remember this day too; the first T-In The Park in 1995 and in Strathclyde Park, Hamilton...I was a guest of Levis Strauss Co. that day and had all the VIP entry/access things going on...I loved my wee "retro," T-Shirt from that day...

IMG-3589