Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134184224225226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2361

Thread: DISCO [Guest List Edition] [Official Thread]

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xsf View Post
    I'd prefer the Universe forget Fine Wine even exists.

What we need is a Can't Stop Writing Songs - Extended Mix and of course a video.
    I'm hopeful it will come, with a US focused release coinciding with the wine promo.

Quote Originally Posted by xsf View Post
    I'd prefer the Universe forget Fine Wine even exists.

What we need is a Can't Stop Writing Songs - Extended Mix and of course a video.
    Fine Wine is such a guilty pleasure for me...I feel like it belongs on Light Years though...camp AF.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyssecondclass View Post
    I suspect some of it has to do with that when asked about the creative process, she clams up because she isn't confident speaking as a creative. Her career hasn't really been about her vision alone, her strength has been her graft. As an example, If Zane had asked about Golden and how she came to work in Nashville, who did she choose to work with etc... then none of the answers involve her. They are A&R decisions. And whereas another artist would just lie and pretend everything was their idea/vision, she's wouldn't / couldn't do that.
    Sorry for quoting a really old post but I actually think you are absolutely ON THE MONEY about this. Kylie's integrity (as in her ability to be authentic and honest) is almost her downfall in some respects.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but I'm loving all the inspiration Kylie provided Beyoncé for Renaissance from Disco! Just when I thought the A&R memo has changed and we're getting two years of a different theme, Beyoncé comes and closes the disco direction that most pop stars visited recently! Besides Alison goldfrapp in what 2005-2006 with her white horse single Kylie was the person in my memory, the most recent to pay homage to that night at studio 54. Then boom Beyoncé was also inspired by that entrance! Then the single cover with the water on the glass ( Plexi glass) reminds me of Kylie being the most recent using that with kmo. I more than ever, would like to see them work together soon. It seems like Beyoncé (or her team) is inspired or looks up to Kylie! I'd imagine together they would bring us a master piece! Hey doesn't even have to be music. Even just visuals/ photo shoot or any art form they collaborated on!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MurderFace View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but I'm loving all the inspiration Kylie provided Beyoncé for Renaissance from Disco! Just when I thought the A&R memo has changed and we're getting two years of a different theme, Beyoncé comes and closes the disco direction that most pop stars visited recently! Besides Alison goldfrapp in what 2005-2006 with her white horse single Kylie was the person in my memory, the most recent to pay homage to that night at studio 54. Then boom Beyoncé was also inspired by that entrance! Then the single cover with the water on the glass ( Plexi glass) reminds me of Kylie being the most recent using that with kmo. I more than ever, would like to see them work together soon. It seems like Beyoncé (or her team) is inspired or looks up to Kylie! I'd imagine together they would bring us a master piece! Hey doesn't even have to be music. Even just visuals/ photo shoot or any art form they collaborated on!
    Can't see them ever working together. If there was a chance of this it would have been around KMO time. But I would be here for it.

It gets played a lot at Zara stores in China.

Quote Originally Posted by MurderFace View Post
    Renaissance has been packaged, styled absolutely brilliantly. It sells her as a superstar. That is missing from recent Kylie campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyssecondclass View Post
    Renaissance has been packaged, styled absolutely brilliantly. It sells her as a superstar. That is missing from recent Kylie campaigns.
    I sadly agree.

Regular

It seems that now Kylie is in her 50s she really doesn't want to push the boat out at all, styling and image wise.

She lacks any real creative working for her (like him or not, William Baker had vision) - when she has Amanda Holden's hair stylist taking photographs of her and shaping her look are we really surprised she can't stand up alongside the likes of Beyoncé?

Quote Originally Posted by d.k. View Post
    it seems that now kylie is in her 50s she really doesn't want to push the boat out at all, styling and image wise.

She lacks any real creative working for her (like him or not, william baker had vision) - when she has amanda holden's hair stylist taking photographs of her and shaping her look are we really surprised she can't stand up alongside the likes of beyoncé?

ay-men!