Thread: DISCO [Guest List Edition] [Official Thread]

Shining like a supernova. feverspell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post
    In all fairness, thereís a lot less formats for Eltonís album (1 CD, 1LP, 3 cassettes) compared to that for DISCO (3 CDs, 6 LPs + signed, 5 cassettes, digital deluxe) with both having signed bundles available. Not critiquing this tactic (because I love the availability and range of physical formats), but Iím sure this is what resulted in the success of DISCO when comparing these two albums together.
    Well, yeah. It's easy to sell a boatload of copies when you put out 20 different versions of it for people to buy. I love Kylie to death, but if there's anything I don't like about her, it's that. I don't know if it's her specifically or her record label, but they take advantage of the fact that her fans would buy a bottle of her farts if she slapped her name on it. That's not to say DISCO isn't a quality album. It absolutely is. I'd say it's the best she's done since probably Fever. That's why it annoys me when Kylie (or her record label) pulls that shit. It just smacks of fleecing her fans, and she should be better than that.
    ďThe nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.Ē -- Carl Sagan

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post
    In all fairness, thereís a lot less formats for Eltonís album (1 CD, 1LP, 3 cassettes) compared to that for DISCO (3 CDs, 6 LPs + signed, 5 cassettes, digital deluxe) with both having signed bundles available. Not critiquing this tactic (because I love the availability and range of physical formats), but Iím sure this is what resulted in the success of DISCO when comparing these two albums together.
    To be fair yeah. If you take away all those multiple formats and just issue a standard, deluxe, a vinyl and cassette, she probably would roughly the same amount as Elton etc

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by feverspell View Post
    Well, yeah. It's easy to sell a boatload of copies when you put out 20 different versions of it for people to buy. I love Kylie to death, but if there's anything I don't like about her, it's that. I don't know if it's her specifically or her record label, but they take advantage of the fact that her fans would buy a bottle of her farts if she slapped her name on it. That's not to say DISCO isn't a quality album. It absolutely is. I'd say it's the best she's done since probably Fever. That's why it annoys me when Kylie (or her record label) pulls that shit. It just smacks of fleecing her fans, and she should be better than that.
    To be fair, lots of artists like Taylor Swift and Lorde are doing that. But thank goodness Iíve stopped with collecting all this shit last year.

Regular

I actually count 6 versions of Elton’s album, and some of those Kylie cassettes and vinyls weren’t available when the first midweeks were published and were incredibly limited when they were available - but my point remains - with all the dramatics over how much more successful Elton is than Kylie and how she should be copying his career - his album will sell considerably less than Disco in the U.K. And as soon as he ditches the collabs with streaming stars and stops releasing remixes of old songs, Spotify playlists won’t touch him again either.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    I actually count 6 versions of Elton’s album, and some of those Kylie cassettes and vinyls weren’t available when the first midweeks were published and were incredibly limited when they were available - but my point remains - with all the dramatics over how much more successful Elton is than Kylie and how she should be copying his career - his album will sell considerably less than Disco in the U.K. And as soon as he ditches the collabs with streaming stars and stops releasing remixes of old songs, Spotify playlists won’t touch him again either.
    While I get your point that is his current album. His overall Spotify listeners are double and his GH is in the top 100 albums. His back catalogue is doing better than Kylie's.

I love Kylie but when she does focus on her back catalogue do something different not the same songs all the time.

Disco Guest list should hopefully increase her monthly listeners.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    While I get your point that is his current album. His overall Spotify listeners are double and his GH is in the top 100 albums. His back catalogue is doing better than Kylie's.

I love Kylie but when she does focus on her back catalogue do something different not the same songs all the time.

Disco Guest list should hopefully increase her monthly listeners.
    His back catalogue is hugely more popular than Kylieís, Iím not disputing that. Iím addressing the people that were saying Kylie should be mirroring his strategy for new music when his new album is unlikely to match Discoís success.

His back catalogue is hugely more popular than Kylie’s, I’m not disputing that. I’m addressing the people that were saying Kylie should be mirroring his strategy for new music when his new album is unlikely to match Disco’s success.
    Literally no one was saying that

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Literally no one was saying that
    There is literally a thread about it that is 17 pages long. I mean I know that some people on here struggle with basic comprehension but honestly this gaslighting is next level.

There is literally a thread about it that is 17 pages long. I mean I know that some people on here struggle with basic comprehension but honestly this gaslighting is next level.
    Ooh i know the thread mister Superior

'I’m addressing the people that were saying Kylie should be mirroring his strategy for new music'

no one was saying that tho

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Ooh i know the thread mister Superior

'I’m addressing the people that were saying Kylie should be mirroring his strategy for new music'

no one was saying that tho
    Actually quite a lot of people were implying that