Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Adele - 30/Easy on Me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular

Default Adele - 30/Easy on Me

And she is back!! I thought Easy On Me had a very raw, vulnerable edge. Hello seemed a little polished in comparison

How do you think she will fare? 5-6 years on and the music business has gotten more into streaming and her nos while not as grand as others are still not shabby.

I dont think she will break the opening nos of 25?

I really want to like it - but it sounds boring to me, sorryÖ

Boring !!!! Why is she so popular?!

Quote Originally Posted by discoboy71 View Post
    And she is back!! I thought Easy On Me had a very raw, vulnerable edge. Hello seemed a little polished in comparison

How do you think she will fare? 5-6 years on and the music business has gotten more into streaming and her nos while not as grand as others are still not shabby.

I dont think she will break the opening nos of 25?
    well, she's at 13M views in 7 hours. Those are great streaming numbers - an now Europes waking up...
    Last edited by mach2000; 15-10-2021 at 07:51 AM.

That said the video is kinda dull. The new look isn't working for me. I mean she's gorgeous now, but Adele's charm or one of them was her image. You feel her songs harder when you know she's not the perfect girl. Now she's so polished, with the nails and the attitude.. Does she live in the US now?

I don't agree with her being a dull artists just because she sings ballands. Thank god there are still some ballads around. There used to be ballads in the charts all the time but they seem to have become more rare each year
    The song didn't grab me as much as Hello did tho. It has more a 4th single feel to it

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by do-you-dare View Post
    I really want to like it - but it sounds boring to me, sorryÖ
    Yeh same for me, heard a snippet and switched it off. Expected something a bit better and progressive. Not sure why. Hello was far better.

in other news. In the time i watched the video, talked about it here and listen to a new Donna song the vid did another million haha

Regular

To me, she's on the same level as Coldplay: amazing vocals, great production.... but the musical progression is non existent at this point. You can sing ballads, but they don't have to sound the same.

My favourite artists (Kylie, BjŲrk, Goldfrapp, Garbage, Madonna with hits and misses) all have the ability to come back with a new sound, new themes, explore their musical personalities.

Adele has 1 theme, 1 genre, 1 style and that's all you're going to get.

Her success kind of baffles me in a sense, because it looks like people can listen to the same song over ten years and never get bored.

Regular

Itís a really nice song and video. I just realised though that Iíve never actively played an Adele song on Apple Music. But also that I never turn her off if she comes on, or if I hear her on the radio. Her voice, whilst not stellar, has this interesting quality that makes you feel all warm and familiar. It will be very interesting to see how this fares. Her other albums and tracks are still getting amazing streaming and sales numbers all around the world, so fully expecting this to do very well too. Good on her.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm View Post
    Itís a really nice song and video. I just realised though that Iíve never actively played an Adele song on Apple Music. But also that I never turn her off if she comes on, or if I hear her on the radio. Her voice, whilst not stellar, has this interesting quality that makes you feel all warm and familiar. It will be very interesting to see how this fares. Her other albums and tracks are still getting amazing streaming and sales numbers all around the world, so fully expecting this to do very well too. Good on her.

well, she's clocking exactly 1 million views per 30 minute on youtube at the moment.
    so... at this rate she'll get 40M views in 24 hours

So she won't make the top 10 of fastest videos in 24 hours. (number 10 is at 55.4M (Ariana) - number 1 is 108M (BTS) )