Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Adele - 30/Easy on Me

She has a stunning voice but her music is solo dull and lacks progression.

The new song would easily fit on her previous albums.

Shining like a supernova. feverspell's Avatar

Well, I can't say I wasn't surprised people here would be slagging it off. It's about what I expected.

*shrugs* More for the rest of us. I love her. Have loved her since Chasing Pavements came out. I know what I'm getting with Adele, and that's what I like. I don't always need or want the artists I like to constantly reinvent the wheel with each album.
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” -- Carl Sagan

Snooze fest

Quote Originally Posted by feverspell View Post
    Well, I can't say I wasn't surprised people here would be slagging it off. It's about what I expected.

*shrugs* More for the rest of us. I love her. Have loved her since Chasing Pavements came out. I know what I'm getting with Adele, and that's what I like. I don't always need or want the artists I like to constantly reinvent the wheel with each album.
    Good for you.
    I'll sleep easier now.

19.7M streams on Spotify, smashing Mariah's record.
    Not surprised even though I don't get the massive appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by 9481 View Post
    Mariah?
    Just wrote she broke BTS's record. Butter did 108M youtube views in one day so that's a record tough to break for anyone probably.

Quote Originally Posted by 9481 View Post
    right. first day streams.

Mariah had a massive 17M streams on dec24

insane

This is Adele doing what Adele does best and it looks like being huge and good luck to her.

Personally I see the comparison made in this thread to Coldplay. I remember when they released Speed of Sound and the reviewer posed the question: do we need a reworking of Clocks?

Adele is one of those acts that you are "supposed" to like - such as Ed Sheeran, and - say - Travis back in the day.

The risk for Adele I think is by the time she wants to do something different she will be so pigeon holed that she won't be able to, so will be forever singing sad love ballads by a piano in a similar fashion to how Westlife would sit on stools before standing up for the final chorus.

Personally I wish she would return to some of the sounds she had on 21. RITD was anything but a traditional ballad. But I imagine it is much easier for her to go the boring ballad approach and it sells so who am I to judge.

Ahead of her new album '30' being released this November, there is set to be 'An Audience with Adele' special to launch on ITV.

The show will see the Grammy and Brit Award-winning artist perform her current record-breaking and global smash hit single 'Easy On Me', as well as songs from her forthcoming album and her past number one hits such as 'Hello' and 'Rolling In The Deep'.

Adele will take centre stage at the London Palladium for the one-off concert event, and an audience of specially invited friends, family, fans, her own personal heroes and heroines, fellow musicians, artists, actors, sportsmen, sportswomen and more will be in attendance on the night.

Katie Rawcliffe, head of entertainment commissioning at ITV, said: "As one of the world’s most in-demand stars, we are beyond thrilled to bring this one-off night to ITV. Adele is a remarkable artist and this will be a very special event."

Prior to 'An Audience with Adele' for ITV, the Tottenham star will be showcasing her new songs on a special with Oprah. 'Adele One Night Only' is set to take place on November 14 on US TV network CBS, and will see the icon talk with the TV show host as well as perform a selection of her new and old tracks.

entertainment.ie has reached out to Virgin Media to see if they will be carrying the special for Irish audiences. We will update this article should we get a response.

'An Audience with Adele' is due to air on ITV on Sunday, November 21. '30', Adele's long-awaited fourth studio album, will be released two days beforehand on November 19.
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif