Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Adele - 30/Easy on Me

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post
    261k first week sales. That seems very low.
    Yes, almost a 70% drop in sales from 25
    Same in America. 30 opens with 838K - 2.76M copies less than 25 (so an even bigger drop, 75%?)

Maybe she should have done the same thing as with 25 and not make it available for streaming the first 6 months.
    Last edited by mach2000; 27-11-2021 at 12:27 AM.

Yeah. They must have thought that wouldnít make that much difference now though. Things have changed in those 6 years. Bit depressing really. If Adele can only do 261k in opening week then itíll take a new phenomenon to push higher.

Have we seen the last ever 1M + opening in America?

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post
    Yeah. They must have thought that wouldn’t make that much difference now though. Things have changed in those 6 years. Bit depressing really. If Adele can only do 261k in opening week then it’ll take a new phenomenon to push higher.

Have we seen the last ever 1M + opening in America?
    The difference wouldn't be as big as 6 years ago, but it could have pushed the album over 1M in the US and over 300K in the UK for sure.
    All those people wanting to hear it and not being able to hear it on their streaming services.

another Adele will come along at some point. they always do , but yeah... it will be getting harder and harder

Regular

Do we also not think Adele might suffer from overexposure as well?
    I'm coming from a biased angle here because I personally never understood the hype around her work.

That said, I think it's fair to say 30 is the most promoted project in the last 5 years at least.
    She's had countless high-profile interviews, the Oprah special, tons of press, endless social media coverage,...

Also, she's weirdly positioned herself as "friend of stars" or glitterati favourite, which is the opposite of the image she built throughout her career. She's always been seen as relatable, simple and accessible. Not sure her glammed up superstar makeover is doing her any favour.

That said, she's still selling albums by the truckload so I guess kudos to her.
    I've listened to Easy on Me a couple of times and I couldn't tell you how it goes... and I have excellent musical memory. That kind of tells you how memorable that lead single is.

Leanne Buckham

Thing is Easy On Me is no Hello or Rolling In The Deep. Itís quite a generic track.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Raid View Post
    Thing is Easy On Me is no Hello or Rolling In The Deep. Itís quite a generic track.
    True, I donít like it, although it has done well itself.

Iím not an Adele fan. I like some tracks on the album though.

Quote Originally Posted by NPA View Post
    Do we also not think Adele might suffer from overexposure as well?
    I'm coming from a biased angle here because I personally never understood the hype around her work.

That said, I think it's fair to say 30 is the most promoted project in the last 5 years at least.
    She's had countless high-profile interviews, the Oprah special, tons of press, endless social media coverage,...

Also, she's weirdly positioned herself as "friend of stars" or glitterati favourite, which is the opposite of the image she built throughout her career. She's always been seen as relatable, simple and accessible. Not sure her glammed up superstar makeover is doing her any favour.

That said, she's still selling albums by the truckload so I guess kudos to her.
    I've listened to Easy on Me a couple of times and I couldn't tell you how it goes... and I have excellent musical memory. That kind of tells you how memorable that lead single is.
    My first thought when i saw her makeuover pics was - are people still gonna like her as much.
    I mean she's gorgeous now, but her image pre weight loss was one of her major charms (imo). It made her one of us (well the people who like her). She related to everyone, especially the unlucky ones.

It's probably super sexist what i just said, but people love the her as the ugly Duckling. She embodied that fairytale

Itís less that sheís lost the weight for me, and more that these LA and famous friends are her life now and theyíve chosen to focus too much on that. It all comes across a bit sickly to me. She should do a few Tottenham gigs or something to dial it down a bit. Sheís still very likeable though.

Is Oh My God the new official single now?

I hope so. Itís brilliant. I much prefer it to I Drink Wine.