Page 111 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1151

Thread: Kylie and Jessie Ware - ‘Kiss of Life’ [Official Single Thread]

Regular

It seems to be having a positive effect on the video as daily streams have it at around 25k per day.
    It's actually second most streamed video yesterday behind Head.
    kworb.net/youtube/artist/kylieminogue.html

Quote Originally Posted by xixu View Post
    still A list on Radio 2
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...music-playlist

Kylie Minogue & Jessie Ware - Kiss Of Life [B-A-A-A-A-A]

They must love it
    But it has zero effect on sales of the song or the album.

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post
    But it has zero effect on sales of the song or the album.
    I thought the same… the video views are terrible compared to her recent videos! Totally don’t understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Lovers View Post
    I thought the same… the video views are terrible compared to her recent videos! Totally don’t understand why.
    Because nobody is talking about the video or share it or use the song on ticktock. Radio 2 is nice but does nothing for singles success.

Quote Originally Posted by dek View Post
    Because nobody is talking about the video or share it or use the song on ticktock. Radio 2 is nice but does nothing for singles success.
    Not even Kylie or Jessie are doing something. It would be the perfect song/video for a ticktock challenge or something like that.

I love Kylie and Jessie but to me this song is just ok. Fun. Never understood the hype here and it’s the least single material out of the 3 new tracks. The video is really fun and creative but again, I dont see it as a strong pop video that can keep people rewatching it over and over. To me KOL did what was possible to be done for what it is. She did hit all the marks with A Second to Midnight though. I think the song is catchier and the video has a high rewatch factor. The face swap + Kylie’s look, the set and the choreography at the end made it a solid music video.
    Last edited by rodrigosayhey@hotmail.com; 25-01-2022 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigosayhey@hotmail.com View Post
    I love Kylie and Jessie but to me this song is just ok. Fun. Never understood the hype here and it’s the least single material out of the 3 new tracks. The video is really fun and creative but again, I dont see it as a strong pop video that can keep people rewatching it over and over. To me KOL did what was possible to be done for what it is. She did hit all the marks with A Second to Midnight though. I think the song is catchier and the video has a high rewatch factor. The face swap + Kylie’s look, the set and the choreography at the end made it a solid music video.
    This.

KOL was released too soon after ASTM so it felt like it never had a moment of its own - so I think the relative “success” and continued promotion of ASTM since October was to the demise of KOL, and even Olly’s single ‘Crave’ which was out only a week before ASTM.

Maybe KOL should have been released first, with ASTM being promoted just before the GLE release through till new years and the release of Olly’s ‘Night Call’.

Saying that though, I also agree in that ASTM is the stronger track out of the two so it makes sense why it was the lead single

only 1,5mln vievws on YT is catastrophe even for Kylie standards.
    let's hope it is a sign for a label to not go this way for the future releases.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xixu View Post
    only 1,5mln vievws on YT is catastrophe even for Kylie standards.
    let's hope it is a sign for a label to not go this way for the future releases.
    They are copying other artists. Many have half the album out as singles before the album drops. Probably boosts album sales/streams.

Hasn't worked for Kylie. KOL got lost. BMG should understand by now that radio support (R2) doesn't translate into sales for Kylie.