Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kylie's "Believe"

Quote Originally Posted by West End Wendy View Post
    The market is too different to the late 90's. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Her ONLY chance of getting a top 10 hit again/hits radio airplay, streaming playlist - i.e. the whole package, would be as the featured artist of a track by a major chart force.

She will never have a major hit single as a solo artist ever again. I'm willing to put money on this.
    It's a shame Kylie did reach out to Adele to duet on Guest List as that would have almost certainly give Kylie a top 50 hit.

Her ONLY chance of getting a top 10 hit again/hits radio airplay, streaming playlist - i.e. the whole package, would be as the featured artist of a track by a major chart force.

She will never have a major hit single as a solo artist ever again. I'm willing to put money on this.
    I donít know if this was a tease or not or just a flying comment, but on the Jonathan Ross show Kylie did say Ed Sheeran owes her a favour for doing backing vocals on his track, and whilst I would have limited interest in this collaboration, this might not be too unlikely.

Anything is possible with the right song and strong promo...Kylie is a unique pop artist, no one knows what the future may bring....

I am sure you all know this. But Dannii record a demo of chers believe as part of her early recordings for Girl. The song at that point was more of ballad, was not finished. When it was offered to cher the versus was re-written and the song turned into a dance song on instruction of cher.

In the early 00's danniis demo appeared for sale in a shop, but was removed form sale. Dannii has talked about recording the demo and so have some of the writers... all clear to say the song was different to chers song.

Quote Originally Posted by geegee View Post
    Anything is possible with the right song and strong promo...Kylie is a unique pop artist, no one knows what the future may bring....
    My wife had some girl friends at breakfast around 30 all.

Taking scout music and I participated
    Kylie is zero to those women. Nothing.. just a memory .it's not the first time I feel this

She is known by older people now. Over 40

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by disrember View Post
    I am sure you all know this. But Dannii record a demo of chers believe as part of her early recordings for Girl. The song at that point was more of ballad, was not finished. When it was offered to cher the versus was re-written and the song turned into a dance song on instruction of cher.

In the early 00's danniis demo appeared for sale in a shop, but was removed form sale. Dannii has talked about recording the demo and so have some of the writers... all clear to say the song was different to chers song.
    I did not know Dannii was part of this song's history! Well done! I did hear that the song was extensively worked on and rewritten so could of gone a number of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by KYLIEISTHEBEST View Post
    I did not know Dannii was part of this song's history! Well done! I did hear that the song was extensively worked on and rewritten so could of gone a number of ways.
    This is the demo Dannii passed on.

Regular

Simple answer is ďnoĒ!

The charts work in such a different way now, streaming is more important to the singles chart than actual sales, and Kylie fans (on the whole) are still far more likely to buy physical copies/ downloads than to stream the song and build up counts.

Regular

The market is too different to the late 90's. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Completely agree x

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post
    I donít know if this was a tease or not or just a flying comment, but on the Jonathan Ross show Kylie did say Ed Sheeran owes her a favour for doing backing vocals on his track, and whilst I would have limited interest in this collaboration, this might not be too unlikely.
    That was just tongue and cheek.....x