Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kylie's "Believe"

Quote Originally Posted by Romova 2.0 View Post
    I totally believe Kylie can have another big sized hit but I just feel that her and her team doesn’t care at all.

It comes from how she made her music, the same producers over and over, they don’t put effort on Kylie’s look when she performs live, the same hairstyle since KC at least, she stopped making risks and that’s why Believe and Head where so big, they were huge risks for them and they were something fresh and revolutionary at the time
    Yeah absolutely, BMG have just given upon her having hits because of the money that needs to be invested etc…

Quote Originally Posted by IloveKylieMinogue View Post
    I think her "believe" was All The Lovers. It was a comback of sorts, named her fanbase, and for the first time since CGYOOMH, she was recognised and being played in the U.S.

I just dont think we realised at the time.
    I agree… I just wish it had debuted at #1 like it was supposed to and then she would have had a #1 hit across 4 decades but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveKylieMinogue View Post
    I think her "believe" was All The Lovers. It was a comback of sorts, named her fanbase, and for the first time since CGYOOMH, she was recognised and being played in the U.S.

I just dont think we realised at the time.
    I just thought the same!

Regular

I think her Believe was Dancing. It was a minor hit in her 2 main markets. Her last actual hit.

Even having another Dancing at this point in her career is extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    I think her Believe was Dancing. It was a minor hit in her 2 main markets. Her last actual hit.

Even having another Dancing at this point in her career is extremely unlikely.
    Magic World have Been as 'big' as dancing but Die of covid she shouldnt promote it that much in Europe.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Magic World have Been as 'big' as dancing but Die of covid she shouldnt promote it that much in Europe.
    Yeah true. Magic got a lot more attention outside of her 2 main markets. Itís like IMA performing better globally but not doing as well in her core markets.

It's unlikely but not impossible all sorts of songs have gone insane for all sorts of stupid reasons. There is a history of album tracks and b sides being used in the finally of some hit show or some ad that the world decided it loves and the songs have been huge with practically nothing on the artists or labels part.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    Yeah true. Magic got a lot more attention outside of her 2 main markets. It’s like IMA performing better globally but not doing as well in her core markets.
    Well IMA was the 3rd single in those markets. Not sure if Wow was a single here. Could be tho, but it wasn't played on the radio.
    Such a weird time, she went from super high rotation with 2 Hearts and IMA and than it was Love is the drug. A song not even from X that got played (for a little bit)

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Well IMA was the 3rd single in those markets. Not sure if Wow was a single here. Could be tho, but it wasn't played on the radio.
    Such a weird time, she went from super high rotation with 2 Hearts and IMA and than it was Love is the drug. A song not even from X that got played (for a little bit)
    Wow was the third single in EU. But it probably bombed.

Wow was played quite a bit on Australian radio as well and peaked within the top 20. The next Kylie song that got radio played here was All I See which got more attention than IMA did.