Thread: Tips European Cities

Quote Originally Posted by Pepp View Post
    Go to Berlin! It’s fantastic
    I HATED Berlin
    Went there on my minimoon and couldn't wait to get home
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Regular

Thanks everyone

For me Berlin was so good… the history of nazi Germany still visable in the buildings that hitler built that still stand, to the complete opposite… great bars and restaurants, an industrial vibe and people are pretty friendly I thought . It’s a prefect weekender . Spring is the best time around end March

I wasn't keen on Berlin either and found it a very depressing place visually, and the people seemed quite dour.
    I've been to Cologne many times and loved each visit. The nightlife was so vibrant and the people really friendly and up for a party.
    Antwerp and Vienna were beautiful and well worth a look if you ever get the chance.

Say Hey Member

Paris, I love! I had taken my Mum there for her Birthday and we had a blast.

I remember landing in Rotterdam, staying overnight, then had to travel to Brussels to receive an award. Brussels was lovely. Germany - I went for a cruise up the Rhine (sounds rude) - and we stopped of at various locations that inspired the Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales - was lovely and very efficient. Sweden - stayed in a lovely hotel in Gothenburg - very clean, very friendly city.

I have a fellow fan/friend who lives in the Netherlands and some of the pictures she takes of the countryside is awesome!
    Screenshot-2021-09-25-at-10-02-16

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I wasn't keen on Berlin either and found it a very depressing place visually, and the people seemed quite dour.
    I've been to Cologne many times and loved each visit. The nightlife was so vibrant and the people really friendly and up for a party.
    Antwerp and Vienna were beautiful and well worth a look if you ever get the chance.
    We're planning on doing Vienna next December for my birthday and Christmas markets. Was going to do it this year but went to Hetta in Finland as wanted to see the northern lights, thankfully we got to see it a few times while there, but it was down to -38C at times, never been so cold in my life and wouldn't go to somewhere so remote again, will stick with European city breaks, they do Christmas much better than we do in the UK.

I'm off to Lisbon at the end of then month (well hopefully)
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Prague is an amazing old city. Many museums and old european architecture makes an amazing experience for visitors. I really recommend visiting Prague, it's very beutiful city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan135 View Post
    Prague is an amazing old city. Many museums and old european architecture makes an amazing experience for visitors. I really recommend visiting Prague, it's very beutiful city.
    Definitely one of the best European cities I have been to. Really cheap, and lots to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan135 View Post
    I second that, Prague is beautiful. Keep meaning to go back and experience it in the summer as only been in December for Christmas markets etc... Budapest is really nice too. We're off to Croatia again in May for a few days in Dubrovnik, not been for a few years but looking forward to going back. We're trying San Marino for the first time this year too.