Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And Just Like That... (series)

Quote Originally Posted by NPA View Post
    I watched one random episode and found it extremely boring.
    The original series, as much as disconnected from any tangible reality as it was, had a more comical and incisive tone that made it work.

Here, they're trying to reconcile archetypal problematic characters (all of them except for Miranda swim in entitlement and unearned privilege) to a certain reality that doesn't hold water. The fact they pepper the cast with examples of diversity (POC, non binary people, trans people, differently abled people,...) while someone like Carrie is still strolling between her two lavish Manhattan apartments with a sad face and a different dress in every scene is just mind boggling.

Also the fashion is a little bit tragic in places. In the episode I saw, nearly every character was wearing big puffed sleeves that gave them 80s silhouettes.

Yes the original format has aged terribly, especially when it comes to issues like LGBTQ representation or race relations, but at least it had a point of view. Now they clearly try to include everyone while saying absolutely nothing at the same time. Also, the "sex" element has left the building
    I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Lol of course
    Asshole
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Quote Originally Posted by NPA View Post
    I watched one random episode and found it extremely boring.
    The original series, as much as disconnected from any tangible reality as it was, had a more comical and incisive tone that made it work.

Here, they're trying to reconcile archetypal problematic characters (all of them except for Miranda swim in entitlement and unearned privilege) to a certain reality that doesn't hold water. The fact they pepper the cast with examples of diversity (POC, non binary people, trans people, differently abled people,...) while someone like Carrie is still strolling between her two lavish Manhattan apartments with a sad face and a different dress in every scene is just mind boggling.

Also the fashion is a little bit tragic in places. In the episode I saw, nearly every character was wearing big puffed sleeves that gave them 80s silhouettes.

Yes the original format has aged terribly, especially when it comes to issues like LGBTQ representation or race relations, but at least it had a point of view. Now they clearly try to include everyone while saying absolutely nothing at the same time. Also, the "sex" element has left the building
    Yes, yes and yes!

I think itís a bit sad that they couldnít find a way to keep it interesting with Carrie married and living her golden years with Big.

I agree with all said . We needed more comedy, focus on the ladies existing relationships and sex sprinkled in at the start! Instead there was for me too much focus on gloomy matters and almost desperation as the show rushed to align itself and each character with every politically correct topic under the sunÖat times I felt I was watching an educational video !

That said, from episode 5 onwards some spark has returned! Iím loving Seema and Carries new friendship ! And itís nice to see Carrie and the ladies laughing and sharing bonding moments.

Now please bring on some more sexy storylines with some hot guys and some groundbreaking moments where the ladies trailblaze and inspire us again !
    Last edited by BuffyStMarie; 08-01-2022 at 05:14 AM.

I really like Seema and I think its because she is well written and doesn't seem to be shoe-horned into an agenda by the shows woke producers.

Aside from her, I find Che quite awkward to watch and entirely unlikeable.

Miranda was cheated on by Steve in SATC1 and now gets fingers quite happily by Che in Carrie's kitchen and there seems to be no guilt from her about that...

Carrie goes to see a surgeon who has no problem telling his patients they are hot while openly flirting... lol, in the US, that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The original show might have aged badly but at least it knew what it was.

AJLT is trying too to hard and in its ham fisted way, is erasing what was so enjoyable about its characters.