Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Thread: Has the time come for the Disco project to be brought to a close?

  1. #81
    Regular Frankenclyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,057

    Default

    This thread has gone seriously off topic and the Australia bashing by certain individuals is quite concerning and not really in the spirit of the forum - really disappointed to see this on here.

    Hopefully the mods can do a clean-up.

  2. #82
    Regular jq371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenclyde View Post
    This thread has gone seriously off topic and the Australia bashing by certain individuals is quite concerning and not really in the spirit of the forum - really disappointed to see this on here.

    Hopefully the mods can do a clean-up.
    Itís my fault for bringing it back up and Iím sorry for that. I just really canít take the ďAustraliaĒ bashing on hereÖ I canít imagine people would accept it if anyone was talking about another country in such derogatory terms

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenclyde View Post
    This thread has gone seriously off topic and the Australia bashing by certain individuals is quite concerning and not really in the spirit of the forum - really disappointed to see this on here.

    Hopefully the mods can do a clean-up.
    Agreed. It's bizarre considering we are all on here as fans of someone who has enormous ties to both Australia and the UK.

    Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    Itís my fault for bringing it back up and Iím sorry for that. I just really canít take the ďAustraliaĒ bashing on hereÖ I canít imagine people would accept it if anyone was talking about another country in such derogatory terms
    Mate if you think that the UK population as a whole are delighted with our national government then you couldn't be more wrong. Criticising a country's government / regional government policies (whether that criticism is justified or not) is not in itself "bashing" individual citizens. That applies when talking about your own or other countries.

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    Thatís hilarious how badly informed you are. In 2 years since covid started Iíve been in a total of one lockdown which lasted 14 days !!! I can tell you that from actual experience because I actually live here, not assumption based on anecdotes you think you have heard from ďreliable sourcesĒ.
    Just so you know, Australia isnít just one cityÖ itís on the map if youíd care to actually learn some facts
    1. Always ignore Estivencito. There's never any logic.
    2. I don't think many sane, compassionate or unselfish people would completely knock Australia's handling of this public health crisis. It's an unprecedented event. Some people can only see the world in how it effects them personally, not society as a whole.
    Last edited by nobodyssecondclass; 18-01-2022 at 08:31 AM.

  5. #85
    Regular jq371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyssecondclass View Post
    1. Always ignore Estivencito. There's never any logic.
    2. I don't think many sane, compassionate or unselfish people would completely knock Australia's handling of this public health crisis. It's an unprecedented event. Some people can only see the world in how it effects them personally, not society as a whole.
    But Iíve only just recently taken Estivencito off my ignore list lol

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    But Iíve only just recently taken Estivencito off my ignore list lol
    Hahaha

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KYLIEISTHEBEST View Post
    Maybe because KOL is still doing well...
    Still doing well? In what world? I love KOL but itís nowhere to be seen, the streams arenít great either.

  8. #88
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    I live in the U.K. and the governmentís handling of the pandemic has been absolutely abysmal, itís hilarious that people who live here are criticising other countries response to it. But as already mentioned a lot of Kylie fans on here are ageing Tories who still support them even with the current dog show, which tells you all you need to know about them.

  9. #89
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Epsom area, Surrey, ENGLAND!
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    I live in the U.K. and the government’s handling of the pandemic has been absolutely abysmal, it’s hilarious that people who live here are criticising other countries response to it. But as already mentioned a lot of Kylie fans on here are ageing Tories who still support them even with the current dog show, which tells you all you need to know about them.
    Although not Kylie related The UK government successfully commisioned and funded a successful vaccine that works well (Oxford Astrazeneca) to jab everyone. The UK was the first country in the World to give it to members of the public. And according to Our World In Data the UK is eighth in the World for vaccination rate per hundred people (behind Cuba, Chile, UAE, Singapore, China, Portugal, Italy.) ie above France, Germany, the USA etc,. Not quite as abysmal as you claim. In fact the UK government did rather well if you are going to compare nations all forced to battle this horrendeous virus as best they could.
    Last edited by KYLIEISTHEBEST; 18-01-2022 at 04:11 PM.

  10. #90

    Default

    Sorry I've had enough of this. When I want to do politics or pandemics I go on a relevant forum.

    Persistently being off topic os disrespectful and rude and can even get you banned on some forums.

    I have no authority here I accept but I requested people get back on topic but point scoring mattered more.

    I think closing this thread is the only option left open to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •