Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Has the time come for the Disco project to be brought to a close?

Quote Originally Posted by KYLIEISTHEBEST View Post
    I think, imo, that DISCO has plenty of legs left in it. I don't think criticising Kylie dueting with someone just because they haven't had a hit in years is valid. She chose them for their voice and the song. Kylie's duet with Jimmy Little is outstanding but few would have heard of him. It looks like the Jesse Ware song is a tip of the ice berg moment in her career. They apparently have done almost an album's worth of material together. The DISCO project is a solid piece of work crying out for a tour / live performance. It's also a project crying out for a TV special (even if it's just Infinite Disco being on national TV stations). Also until the end of time any Kylie project can be revisited and released and extended and updated. Looking forward to DISCO 2040.
    It's not so much that they are not A list artists, it's the fact that the songs are very very average. To me they add very little to the Disco project. Maybe I'm inheriting my mother's deafness, but I see no massive distinction between the Kylie and Kylie/Dua versions of RG.

Disco has been a triumph but it's gone as far as it can in my opinion. If there was an interest in broadcasting a TV special and/or Infinite Disco would it not have already been broadcast?

I'm sure some fans would be happy to pay £50 for a green cassette of Disco extended instrumentals but that's not for me.

Yes. It's been 17 months since Say Something was released, launching the DISCO era. It's time to move on. However, I hope she includes a good amount of DISCO songs on her next tour, whenever that will be.

To me the era is over. I don't feel the need for a release of the Gloria duet. Time for new music.

Well we still have the Tiny Desk Concert coming out and presumably the video with Gloria Gaynor, so I’d imagine another push is coming in the new year before it’s done and dusted.

I think she’ll move onto the next album and hopefully tour for both albums.

We know a video with GG was filmed and that live shows were booked for 2022, but recent Covid events probably mean plans have been reconsidered…. Now is no time to be announcing live dates.

If the rest of the planned promo can’t be rolled in the next month or two, I think the best thing is to move onto a new album and have a tour that promotes two album… similar to what Madonna did with Drowned World back in 2001.
    Last edited by -xwdx-; 29-12-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Regular

Kiss of Life did very little to boost the project and is one of the best things she’s done in years… so we all know now how the Gloria duet will do. I think quietly release that for LoLs and then retire the project. Overall I’d say it was a pretty fine era that everyone on her team will see as a success, despite the tricky circumstances. The great travesty of it all is that normally this would have led to an amazing world tour and I really feel that if this ‘Disco’ tour doesn’t happen is some form, it will be one of the greatest disappointments with Kylie’s career and through no fault of hers. It would have just been SUCH an epic night

it's time to move on.

KOL is a flop to me.
    Bad songs silly video.
    Happy it's over

Quote Originally Posted by nat79 View Post
    Kiss of Life did very little to boost the project and is one of the best things she’s done in years… so we all know now how the Gloria duet will do. I think quietly release that for LoLs and then retire the project. Overall I’d say it was a pretty fine era that everyone on her team will see as a success, despite the tricky circumstances. The great travesty of it all is that normally this would have led to an amazing world tour and I really feel that if this ‘Disco’ tour doesn’t happen is some form, it will be one of the greatest disappointments with Kylie’s career and through no fault of hers. It would have just been SUCH an epic night
    Said it all.