Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum explicity mentioned in Steve Anderson's latest podcast episode

Quote Originally Posted by ivanfever View Post
    RBW was awesome.. a lot of friends loved it and not forgetting the awesome video, kept getting featured on MTV back in the day
    Yes it was.

If it would only be Produced by a more famous Producer not this cheap UK act Douglas is

Timbaland or darkchild maybe

I can't remember the outrage. Just the R&B ban from Neil, and the hate for that song.

I might have missed it, but i can't even remember we knew what the style of the album was until we had it on our hands.
    The shock was huge after Slow to find the album was completely different to the lead.

But, maybe i missed it all...

I like Urban Kylie. She ha the right voice for it. prefer that over Aphrodite and X camp pop Kylie.

One of my favorite songs on X are Heartbeat rock and All i see anyway haha
    And Chocolate is one of te best tracks she has ever recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by estivencito View Post
    Actually.. What you don't seem to remember (because i do!).. was that it was actually SLOW that made everyone and the general public say "WTF?!".. it was certainly NOT instant classic put it that way. It was a moment of total deflate when the song premiered. It's amazing to think about it because it's become one of her classics. But at the time.. it was a HUGE disappointment after the singles of Fever. It instantly killed all the momentum. Don't kid yourself it was all to do with Red Blooded Woman! Slow i remember everyone hating on here.. and the general public didn't much like it either

Slow was played every hour @ Studio Brussel (Belgian's biggest alternative radio station, as big as the biggest commercial station but way more credible). It took a while but it was pretty well received. The clubs were hot for the 12"

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    I donít understand the dislike for Kylie R&B either. Itís nice. How boring if she stuck to the same IP indie pop/dance pop genre continually.

Body Language is one of my fave Kylie albums and I adore All I See.

It's not about being boring or doing the same thing. But Slow and R&B are 2 different worlds, with different inhabitants with different taste
    RBW is a nice track and i actually like it in concert. But at that time it was already dated and sounded like a Destiny's Child B-side.

But, One of her best videos tho. I remember thinking, well this video must save it's chances for a hit single....
    it didn't

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    It's not about being boring or doing the same thing. But Slow and R&B are 2 different worlds, with different inhabitants with different taste
    RBW is a nice track and i actually like it in concert. But at that time it was already dated and sounded like a Destiny's Child B-side.

But, One of her best videos tho. I remember thinking, well this video must save it's chances for a hit single....
    it didn't
    But thatís not why ppl here hate BL and AIS. They hate it because itís R&B and for sone reason hate Kylie doing anything related to R&B. Itís like they just want her to stick to the same dance pop or IP indie pop continually.

Iím not talking about you as this doesnít seem to apply to you but lots of other people it does.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Yes it was.

If it would only be Produced by a more famous Producer not this cheap UK act Douglas is

Timbaland or darkchild maybe
    I also really like Cruise Control. I think that also should have been a single.

Regular

Lots of people absolutely hated Slow and Body Language at the time. It also didnít help that Body Language tanked (compared to Fever) commercially.

Quote Originally Posted by estivencito View Post
    Actually.. What you don't seem to remember (because i do!).. was that it was actually SLOW that made everyone and the general public say "WTF?!".. it was certainly NOT instant classic put it that way. It was a moment of total deflate when the song premiered. It's amazing to think about it because it's become one of her classics. But at the time.. it was a HUGE disappointment after the singles of Fever. It instantly killed all the momentum. Don't kid yourself it was all to do with Red Blooded Woman! Slow i remember everyone hating on here.. and the general public didn't much like it either
    Slow was definitely a curve ball and for sure a lot of fans didn't get it. But it was a very critically acclaimed underground dance record. So you had all these people like Outkast raving about it (while Atomic Kitten said they didn't get it!). And either DJ Magazine or Mixmag did a feature on it being "the most underground sounding number one record since Firestarter by The Prodigy' It was super credible and regardless of whether the sales were low, it sold more than any other single out that week. The excitement for the album was huge (the fake tracklist
    all over the media etc)

and then RBW dropped
    Z-list r&b
    Then to promote the album she performed After Dark on TOTP

And Neil R, rightly so, was like "WTF?"

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by xsf View Post
    A boycott? Motivated by what?
    It wasn't giving The Gays(TM) "everything they wanted"

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Ray05 View Post
    It also ended up selling more than light years well. I remember those days, it was my intro to Kylie fans and I was so disappointed with how close minded those Kylie fans were back then. I went from seeing how Madonna and Christina Agulaiera fans were with them and how open they were to letting their artist be an artist to come here and Kylie.co.uk and seeing just how bonkers Kylie fans were. I believe I was 9 or 10 then, it was shocking.
    Kylie fans are generally very conservative in their tastes - hence the outcry and drop in sales whenever she drifts away from full on, camp pop.