Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Shocked the last hit single by SAW…?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Was Shocked the last hit single by SAW…?

… or were there other hits after that before Aitken left?

Well technically referring to the UK charts (as an example), If You Were With Me Now (#4) then Give Me Just A Little More Time (#2) scored better than Shocked (#6)…

Quote Originally Posted by othersides View Post
    Well technically referring to the UK charts (as an example), If You Were With Me Now (#4) then Give Me Just A Little More Time (#2) scored better than Shocked (#6)…
    But that was not Stock Aitken Waterman anymore, only Stock Waterman.

What I mean: Did other acts by SAW have any hits after Shocked…?

Why did he leave?

Was there any scandal?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Lovers View Post
    Why did he leave?

Was there any scandal?
    He ate all the pies. Then left. No scandal.

They made enough money to retire. Matt bought a big ghastly house in the home counties.

https://youtu.be/D8u0wfrjKoY
    Last edited by xsf; 12-01-2022 at 09:16 PM.
    FEEL LOVE.
    BE LOVE.
    GIVE LOVE.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by othersides View Post
    Then why aren’t those 2 other songs considered Kylie classics yet shocked is?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    Then why aren’t those 2 other songs considered Kylie classics yet shocked is?
    Well, IYWWMN is gorgeous and I believe Kylie is meant to love it, but it is a ballad duet with a largely unknown singer. Not too many opportunities to perform it then. Plus despite being an accomplished balladeer, Kylie’s not really known for her slow (no pun intended) numbers. EFY being the exception. I’d like to say WTWRG too, but even lots of fans who came on board post-2000 didn’t know about it until Glastonbury. Weird, huh?!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    Well, IYWWMN is gorgeous and I believe Kylie is meant to love it, but it is a ballad duet with a largely unknown singer. Not too many opportunities to perform it then. Plus despite being an accomplished balladeer, Kylie’s not really known for her slow (no pun intended) numbers. EFY being the exception. I’d like to say WTWRG too, but even lots of fans who came on board post-2000 didn’t know about it until Glastonbury. Weird, huh?!
    WTWRG seems to be well known by the general audience in Australia. It’s the one song the alternative audience would play if something by Kylie.

Plus Give Me Just A Little More Time is hardly a slow song and reached number 2. Why is that not considered by the GP yet Shocked is which charted lower. Makes no sense.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    WTWRG seems to be well known by the general audience in Australia. It’s the one song the alternative audience would play if something by Kylie.

Plus Give Me Just A Little More Time is hardly a slow song and reached number 2. Why is that not considered by the GP yet Shocked is which charted lower. Makes no sense.
    Because Kylie continues to focus on the same songs all of the time so the public forget about her other songs!!!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Scotslad27 View Post
    Because Kylie continues to focus on the same songs all of the time so the public forget about her other songs!!!
    Oh yeah true. Like she turned YDNY into a classic which wasn’t even released as a single in the UK and charted very low in Germany and Australia.

Also like her turning The One into a classic as well which was a huge flop.