Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Has the time come for the Disco project to be brought to a close?

Default Has the time come for the Disco project to be brought to a close?

With Disco Kylie achieved her third no.1 album in three consecutive years. She also achieved a no.1 album in 5 different decades - the first female artist to do so. Add to that she co-wrote every track (apart from the later Gloria duet) and even engineered her own vocals at home during lockdown. These are phenomenal achievements.

However I must say - sadly - that the Guest List edition has for me been a bit of a let down. The artists in question aren't exactly cream of the A-list - Gloria Gaynor hasn't had a major hit in decades, Jessie Ware isn't exactly a massive household name, Years and Years aren't really a major musical force and what impact they/he has is mostly due to King. When they did get someone big - Dua Lipa - that was a damp squib.

So I personally think the era needs to be rounded off. I'm guessing any tour is not going to be feasible for some time, so maybe 2022 can be spent on new material for - say - a 2023 album. Perhaps she could keep the one word title theme going with something like Kylie Electro. I have enjoyed Kylie's foray into Country and Disco, but I really would like a more varied mix for the next album. A bit more modern sounding - 80s with a 2020s edge.

Regular

Since we have a video in the waiting and possibly a Last chance video was filmed I think Disco will continue. Even if she doesn't do anymore promo it isn't a big deal many album campaigns go on for a while. It may not increase sales massively but might maintain streaming numbers.

"Unstoppable" !

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Since we have a video in the waiting and possibly a Last chance video was filmed I think Disco will continue. Even if she doesn't do anymore promo it isn't a big deal many album campaigns go on for a while. It may not increase sales massively but might maintain streaming numbers.
    Surely not more releases? It is kinda done now I think. Not going to complain though if she throws another video or 2 mind you.

Would’ve loved to seen Supernova and MAT released. Still here for that but otherwise, yes, let it be over.

She will release Cant Stop Writing Songs About You with some promo next year. Be patient. It’s coming to a conclusion but not done yet. And Kylie herself said she wants to tour Disco before a new album, so be patient. You may get new music before 2023 but not a new album before Disco.

Regular

Promo? Thats great. Are you hinting a tour? I guess it was you a couple of weeks ago saying there's no tour on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigosayhey@hotmail.com View Post
    She will release Cant Stop Writing Songs About You with some promo next year. Be patient. It’s coming to a conclusion but not done yet. And Kylie herself said she wants to tour Disco before a new album, so be patient. You may get new music before 2023 but not a new album before Disco.
    Kylie says she will release her wine range in the USA next spring so there might be some promo then(?). I hope so.

Regular

I think, imo, that DISCO has plenty of legs left in it. I don't think criticising Kylie dueting with someone just because they haven't had a hit in years is valid. She chose them for their voice and the song. Kylie's duet with Jimmy Little is outstanding but few would have heard of him. It looks like the Jesse Ware song is a tip of the ice berg moment in her career. They apparently have done almost an album's worth of material together. The DISCO project is a solid piece of work crying out for a tour / live performance. It's also a project crying out for a TV special (even if it's just Infinite Disco being on national TV stations). Also until the end of time any Kylie project can be revisited and released and extended and updated. Looking forward to DISCO 2040.
    Last edited by KYLIEISTHEBEST; 27-12-2021 at 11:51 PM.

It's officially a year old and she's working on new music so yes. She did very well considering she had to do things during an international pandemic killing in the millions worldwide. She couldn't tour and be safe and she couldn't really travel normal to promote it yet it still was successful. Now is the time to end it and look to the future.