Thread: Dannii Minogue to front new BBC gay dating show

Default Dannii Minogue to front new BBC gay dating show

Former X Factor judge Dannii Minogue is set to present a new BBC Three gay dating show.

The newly-announced reality series known under the working title I Kissed a Boy follows ten single men as they search for their Mr Right in Europe.

The concept sees them paired with their strongest match and kiss as soon as they meet. However, "everyone is a possible love interest", and over the course of the eight-part series, we will see who will ignite a spark and whose eyes will wander.

"There are millions of people in the UK looking for love. And I believe love is for everyone. So I am so thrilled for a gay dating show to be entering the sea of other dating shows that have existed on TV for years," Dannii said.

"I have been a staunch ally of the LGBTQ+ community for as long as I can remember. My close friends know that my dream job title would be 'Cupid' so this gives me that flutter-of-love feeling inside too, just to be a part of it. Let's hope there is love, sealed with a kiss!"

Fiona Campbell, Controller, BBC Three, added: "I Kissed a Boy is a brilliant new show in the dating space that we think has huge potential for BBC Three.

"We hope our audience will love the heady mix of drama and heart-warming romance that we know the series will bring."

I Kissed a Boy is no doubt a positive step for LGBTQ+ representation on reality dating TV, especially after Love Island revealed applications last year would be open to LGBTQ+ contestants before dashing hopes and citing "logistical difficulty".

I Kissed a Boy is set to air on BBC Three.
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Regular

Yes I just seen this today. So Dannii's back in the UK - just as Kylie has returned to Oz lol

Fierce and feeling mighty jamesgiraffe's Avatar

I love Dannii, and I'm gay, but this sounds utterly rubbish. Of course, I'm going to watch it though!😂

Regular

When is this due to start?